Dan

Issues modding PMHC03 head (TSL)

I'm trying to modify the PMHC03 head in TSL. The default texture has "shaved" hair on the back of the head and sideburns. I'm trying to make that shaved hair darker, pretty much the same color as the hair on the top of the head.

It's giving me problems. Whenever I use the modified texture, my character's eyelids go see-through when he stands up against a bright object.

I edited the texture in Photoshop CS4 and I'm using a Radeon 6870.

I'm trying to modify the PMHC03 head in TSL. The default texture has "shaved" hair on the back of the head and sideburns. I'm trying to make that shaved hair darker, pretty much the same color as the hair on the top of the head.

It's giving me problems. Whenever I use the modified texture, my character's eyelids go see-through when he stands up against a bright object.

I edited the texture in Photoshop CS4 and I'm using a Radeon 6870.

Have you edited textures and tested them in your game before? It's possible, if vaguely that your card isn't rendering the edited texture properly because your copy of Photoshop isn't exporting the .TGA properly. However, if you tested other textures made by your copy of Photoshop and didn't experience this problem, I find it unlikely.

Also, have you checked your Alpha layer in Photoshop? It's possible that your texture actually has no opacity in the eyelid section because the alpha layer is darkened there.

Have you edited textures and tested them in your game before? It's possible, if vaguely that your card isn't rendering the edited texture properly because your copy of Photoshop isn't exporting the .TGA properly. However, if you tested other textures made by your copy of Photoshop and didn't experience this problem, I find it unlikely.

Also, have you checked your Alpha layer in Photoshop? It's possible that your texture actually has no opacity in the eyelid section because the alpha layer is darkened there.

Hate to tell ya, but I beat ya to it. He posted the same thing at LF(which is back up now!). It was indeed the alpha channels. He was darkening the hair, and overlooked a detail somewhere, so the alpha channel was full-black on the eyelid. He disabled alpha channels when saving it, and everything worked.

Hate to tell ya, but I beat ya to it. He posted the same thing at LF(which is back up now!). It was indeed the alpha channels. He was darkening the hair, and overlooked a detail somewhere, so the alpha channel was full-black on the eyelid. He disabled alpha channels when saving it, and everything worked.

He heh! :blink:

Well, I'm glad LF is back up and that his problem was fixed. :cool:

Yup, I posted this here yesterday because LF was down, then posted it there today when it went back up. Thanks to both of you for the help.