Sign in to follow this  
milestails

Favorite Star Wars Multimedia Project

Favorite Star Wars Multimedia Project  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Star Wars Multimedia Project?

• Shadows of the Empire
    • Clone Wars
    • The Force Unleashed
    • The Old Republic

Multimedia project - release every piece of media (games, books, comics, toys, etc) with the exception of a major motion picture

I love Shadows of the Empire because the story between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi is very intriguing. Dash Rendar, Xizor, IG-88...

Plus, I played the N64 game over and over. The novel by Steve Perry was amazing as well.

Clone Wars drags on and on and on.....don't like it one bit. I will give props to Republic Commando though!

TFU - I really never got into it.

TOR - will never play the game, but I do find the lore interesting and cinematic trailers amazingly well done. Plus, I love the TOR-inspired mods for KoTOR and TSL (armored robes)!

Statement: I had to go with TOR. It's been done so well. TFU was great and so is Clone Wars, but I'm having a hard time staying away from TOR.

I much liked Shadows of the Empire as well. I wish that they had more media for it, but the novel (both graphic and written) was well done, and the N64 game was alright. I only wish that they had made a movie before the stars got old, but there's always animation... I wouldn't mind another game either.

I think the Clone Wars project has been beaten over and over and over... I just want it to end.

Fun Fact: The Clone Wars technically ended with the Republic publication by Dark Horse a few years ago. The animated snippets by Tartrakovsky were created to fill in any important battles that were missed. (Heck the novels have even more battles previously undiscussed) Once all of the major battles and character development were finished we had a realistic timeline of the war's actual duration already.

I personally think that since the Clone Wars Cartoon has been going on so long, that instead of adding in extra information about the war, it has been rewriting already established battles and events in order to continue airing. If you look on the StarWars wiki, you will see pictures from the cartoon in nearly anything to do with the Clone Wars or anything even remotely similar. </rant>

That said, I liked all of the comics and games (and the Gendy Tartrakovsky mini-series) that centered around the conflict.

Republic Commando was indeed quite good; kind of a shame that they left it at a cliffhanger ending with no sequel on the horizon. (And why won't they fix that stupid bumpmapping issue!)

TFU had Sooo much potential, but squandered it when it started to pick up. (I would suggest to check out the graphic novel though)

I really like the "actual" Old Republic as in the old comic series, the new comic series (the work in the series by Brian Ching and whoever is the colorist are incredible BTW), and the KOTOR video games.

The MMO is an entirely different thing though. Frankly the barriers to entry such as a subscription (Plus my card can't run it) have made it less of a pleasant experience for me. I also wish that Revan was less of a punk in the story and more of a super crazy JEDI MASTER, like he was in the Mandalorian Wars.

I much liked Shadows of the Empire as well. I wish that they had more media for it, but the novel (both graphic and written) was well done, and the N64 game was alright. I only wish that they had made a movie before the stars got old, but there's always animation... I wouldn't mind another game either.

I think the Clone Wars project has been beaten over and over and over... I just want it to end.

Fun Fact: The Clone Wars technically ended with the Republic publication by Dark Horse a few years ago. The animated snippets by Tartrakovsky were created to fill in any important battles that were missed. (Heck the novels have even more battles previously undiscussed) Once all of the major battles and character development were finished we had a realistic timeline of the war's actual duration already.

I personally think that since the Clone Wars Cartoon has been going on so long, that instead of adding in extra information about the war, it has been rewriting already established battles and events in order to continue airing. If you look on the StarWars wiki, you will see pictures from the cartoon in nearly anything to do with the Clone Wars or anything even remotely similar. </rant>

That said, I liked all of the comics and games (and the Gendy Tartrakovsky mini-series) that centered around the conflict.

Republic Commando was indeed quite good; kind of a shame that they left it at a cliffhanger ending with no sequel on the horizon. (And why won't they fix that stupid bumpmapping issue!)

TFU had Sooo much potential, but squandered it when it started to pick up. (I would suggest to check out the graphic novel though)

I really like the "actual" Old Republic as in the old comic series, the new comic series (the work in the series by Brian Ching and whoever is the colorist are incredible BTW), and the KOTOR video games.

The MMO is an entirely different thing though. Frankly the barriers to entry such as a subscription (Plus my card can't run it) have made it less of a pleasant experience for me. I also wish that Revan was less of a punk in the story and more of a super crazy JEDI MASTER, like he was in the Mandalorian Wars.

Lucas said he would have made a film version of SotE had he known the story back in the mid- to late 80s. That would have been awesome.