Sign in to follow this  
Dark Lord of Puns

Anyone knows how to listen to the dialogue outside the game?

I've been playing around with Audacity (program that lets you record and manipulate audio) and would like to transform some of the dialogue in KotOR 1 to more ridiculous versions, by copy-pasting suitable bits next to each other. I'll be sure to copy the files somewhere else before dabbling, of course (don't want to mess up and redownload the game from Steam) but I can't find any dialogue in any folder. Is it hidden somewhere in some folder/file or something?

They are in the streamwaves folder. Good luck finding what you want though, while in KOTOR2 it's pretty clear what to find where, the map foldering in KOTOR1 seems mere gibberish...

Answer: What Hassat said. Because you downloaded it from Steam it's in C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\<your username> and then in the folder of the game (being from Steam I don't know if there's a folder named LucasArts or not)SWKotOR go to the folder called Streamwaves. In there is a ton of folders. In each one of those folders are more folders for specific parts of the game. Those contain the sounds you are looking for. The path looks like this: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\<your username>\LucasArts\SWKotOR\streamwaves\m01aa\_cut04.

Answer: What Hassat said. Because you downloaded it from Steam it's in C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\<your username> and then in the folder of the game (being from Steam I don't know if there's a folder named LucasArts or not)SWKotOR go to the folder called Streamwaves. In there is a ton of folders. In each one of those folders are more folders for specific parts of the game. Those contain the sounds you are looking for. The path looks like this: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\<your username>\LucasArts\SWKotOR\streamwaves\m01aa\_cut04.

In the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\swkotor\streamwaves\m01aa\_cut04 there are two there files called NM01AA_CUT04000_ and NM01AA_CUT04001_, but when clicking on them no sound comes out. The track just instantly ends before any sound is heard, like it went so fast that you didn't even notice it. It's the same thing with the other folders. Windows media player opens the files by default, should I switch to some other program?

Yeah, you should use MILES soundplayer for opening them... Not sure if it's still around though, so if you can't find it online just hit me up with your mailadress in PM so I can send it.

Thanks for the Miles files, Hassat Hunter! I notice that there are three different programs within the Miles sound tools (Midi Echo, Miles sound player and Miles sound studio), is there a way to edit dialogue using the Miles sound studio or can you use them to convert the files to something that other programs can recognize and playpost-3667-0-12725600-1330175324_thumb.jpg.