Sign in to follow this  
N-DReW25

Less intrusive Visas recruitment

We should all know the problem I am referring to.

You're playing Kotor 2 with the TSLRCM mod installed and you are in the middle of Telos playing through the game, you finish a dialogue and then suddenly... the screen goes black, followed by this thing entering the frame.

After seeing that this thing is is a ship, you are then greeted with an unskippable cutscene.

This is triggered when you gain a set number (20-30 maybe?) of LS or DS points, this means the cutscene will play at a different point in the game during each playthrough. The problem with this is that it often times comes out of nowhere, you're talking to Chodo Habat and once the scene ends you're suddenly greeted by the space ship cutscene followed by a two minute unskippable cutscene or you gain Dark Side points after saying you're going to murder someone but the moment you enter combat... BAM, space ship cutscene followed by two minute unskippable cutscene.

And the second problem is that, once you get off Telos, all you need to do is travel to a planet and then immediately board the Ebon Hawk and Visas will already be inside the Ebon Hawk even though you've just left Telos.

So this mod request has several parts to fix the issues I have listed:

1) Remove the alignment=cutscene mechanic and instead have the cutscene play after the Jedi Council hologram cutscene. My reasoning for having it done here is because the Jedi Council cutscene takes place in the module 950MAL instead of 003EBO (the main Ebon Hawk module), even though 950MAL lacks a load screen most players would assume they're in the Ebon Hawk and not an Ebon Hawk clone.

As of right now, the game goes from Telos Academy > Ebon Hawk (Jedi Council Cutscene) > Ebon Hawk.

If the Visas cutscene takes place after the Jedi Council cutscene, the game will instead go Telos Academy > Ebon Hawk (Jedi Council Cutscene) > Ravager (Visas Cutscene) > Ebon Hawk. Just give 950MAL the 003EBO load screen and it'll give off the illusion that you're warping from and back to the Ebon Hawk.

As it is now with the alignment system, the "disturbance" Visas refers to is the player growing stronger in either the Light or Dark Side though it looks stupid when that "disturbance" is the player committing tax fraud on Telos or some other lowly action. If the scene takes place after the Jedi Council scene, this "disturbance" can now be interpreted as the Exile not only getting stronger but also making plans to find/hunt down the Jedi Masters.

2) Instead of Visas spawning on the Ebon Hawk after the Ravager scene takes place, it should take place after you complete one planet. So instead of leaving Telos, landing on Nar Shaddaa, immediately turning around and finding Visas, you instead have to complete Nar Shaddaa, deal with Zez-Kai Ell, return to the Ebon Hawk and only then you find Visas.

3) This part isn't really necessary, but when you enter the Hawk the party you had outside will be part of your party whilst the other party members are unconscious in Kreia's room. When the encounter with Visas begins, she'll use Force Stasis/Stun to incapacitate these party members so that it's just you alone fighting Visas. This was apparently Obsidian's original intention as there is a dev note that says "{[After a second, she gets to her feet, and she advances toward the player, she will cast a Force Stun at the other party members - like Bastilla in the first game.]}".

Again, this problem isn't nearly as bad as the first two problems so it shouldn't really be a priority I feel.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This can easily be done by editing the script "k_align_movie" I had to edit it so that it didn't randomly show up while playing the port of KotOR I have been working on.

Here is a version that should only play once you have completed one planet or rather, found one Jedi.

k_align_movie.ncs k_align_movie.nss

NOTE : I haven't tested it and put it together quickly but it should work.

PLUS : I realise that this isn't precisely what you asked for but, it's close as all three of your points describe different potential points at which to place it, regardless the functions and variables you should need to figure out to make it work the way you want it to work are contained in this script.

Edited by Thor110
PLUS
  • Like 1