nekochan

Kotor2: Keeping Companions Default Clothes Skin

Anyone know if there's a mod around that lets companions keep their default clothes regardless of what they're wearing? Like Kreia and Visas but for everyone else.

I've tried searching but I've only found one that does this for Kotor1

P.S. (Apart from if it's a wise choice) You can give Visas the feats so that she can wear armour (even heavy) and it will be shown.

I think this should do the trick, see the attachment below.

- file removed, see my next post below for a new version -

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Effix said:

P.S. (Apart from if it's a wise choice) You can give Visas the feats so that she can wear armour (even heavy) and it will be shown.

I think this should do the trick, see the attachment below.

TSL_Effixians_Keep_Companian_Default_Clothing.zip 330.88 kB · 1 download

This seems to work perfectly, the only strange one is Handmaiden (see screenshot). Thank you for making this so quickly though! It's exactly what I was looking for.

P.S. I had no idea that worked, I have never tried to put those feats on her!1171537922_HandmaidenTwoface.jpg.d8708660fb61c24034f11b9e27e732cb.jpg

I was afraid that might happen, but it didn't show up in a quick test.
She has 3 appearance rows and I think there's a script that's involved in switching between them. I think that's mainly because of the hood up and down mechanic.

Nothing I've tried fixes it, so I'm afraid that it's best to leave her as she is. There might even be more problems that may or may not cause crashes.

You can place back the appearance.2da from the backup folder that was created inside your extracted folder.

Then run the one below, it leaves the Handmaiden untouched.

TSL_Effixians_Keep_Companian_Default_Clothing_v2.zip

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Ah I see, appreciate you trying to fix it! I did have a random CTD while playing, so it certainly could be caused by her two heads, haha.

34 minutes ago, Effix said:

You can place back the appearance.2da from the backup folder that was created inside your extracted folder.

Then run the one below, it leaves the Handmaiden untouched.

TSL_Effixians_Keep_Companian_Default_Clothing_v2.zip 330.81 kB · 0 downloads

I'll do this and see if I can find a mod that adds some custom robes for her.

Edited by nekochan

5 hours ago, Effix said:

I think that's mainly because of the hood up and down mechanic

Because anims don't sync between bodies and separate head models, raised hoods require a full body appearance. Obsidian added in a row link function that allowed them to effectively create a disguise for a particular armour class without dealing with anything on the UTI side. So when Brianna equips clothing, she switches to a full body model so that her head doesn't clip through the hood. The hood up and down anims are just an added bonus, not the root cause.

If you want to have Brianna always wear her hooded clothing, then you need to switch her to use a full body appearance, not use a separate head model.

13 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Because anims don't sync between bodies and separate head models, raised hoods require a full body appearance. Obsidian added in a row link function that allowed them to effectively create a disguise for a particular armour class without dealing with anything on the UTI side. So when Brianna equips clothing, she switches to a full body model so that her head doesn't clip through the hood. The hood up and down anims are just an added bonus, not the root cause.

If you want to have Brianna always wear her hooded clothing, then you need to switch her to use a full body appearance, not use a separate head model.

I see, thanks!
I have something that works now, changed 638 to full body and took out those row links both there and in row 454.
Before I was trying to keep the underwear and dancer's outfit, but I'm not sure if that's possible. Maybe by adding yet another row that's not full body, and using those &row notations to point to that for those 2 columns?

6 minutes ago, Effix said:

Maybe by adding yet another row that's not full body, and using those &row notations to point to that for those 2 columns?

Yeah you can basically do the reverse of the vanilla link and link to a regular head + body row.