Sign in to follow this  
Ginnet Reno

Black Vulkar Elevator Crash

Posted (edited)

Hi all. I installed the kotor1 spoiler mod build from reddit. It has been working great so far but I unfortunately seem to have encountered a game breaking issue. When I go into the elevator that takes you to the vulkar garage I crash to desktop every single time.

I'm not sure what's causing the issue. If it's mod related I suppose it might be the vulkar work bench mod from that mod build that could be doing it. That mod was installed via the Tsl patcher and I don't see an Uninstall option for it.

I tried turning off frame buffer effects but that did not resolve the issue.

I could try Uninstalling and reinstalling but without the vulkar garage mod and see if that fixes it. I'm hesitant to do that though because installing all those mods took hours to do. Would be rough to have to do it again. Also not even 100 percent positive that mod is the culprit though I suspect it is given I haven't had crashes anywhere else so far.

Edited by Ginnet Reno

2 minutes ago, Ginnet Reno said:

Hi all. I installed the kotor1 spoiler mod build from reddit. It has been working great so far but I unfortunately seem to have encountered a game breaking issue. When I go into the elevator that takes you to the vulkar garage I crash to desktop every single time.

I'm not sure what's causing the issue. If it's mod related I suppose it might be the vulkar work bench mod from that mod build that could be doing it. That mod was installed via the Tsl patcher and I don't see an Uninstall option for it.

I tried turning off frame buffer effects but that did not resolve the issue.

I could try Uninstalling and reinstalling but without the vulkar garage mod and see if that fixes it. I'm hesitant to do that though because installing all those mods took hours to do. Would be rough to have to do it again. Also not even 100 percent positive that mod is the culprit though I suspect it is given I haven't had crashes anywhere else so far.

The entire KotOR Mod Build's can be installed with the click of a button using KotOR Mod Sync, which might make things easier for you.

Is it possible that you missed an instruction? As from what I recall the mod build has a very specific install order and requires a few manual alterations along the way.

Those alterations are coded into the .toml files for KotOR Mod Sync I believe.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

The entire KotOR Mod Build's can be installed with the click of a button using KotOR Mod Sync, which might make things easier for you.

Is it possible that you missed an instruction? As from what I recall the mod build has a very specific install order and requires a few manual alterations along the way.

Those alterations are coded into the .toml files for KotOR Mod Sync I believe.

Hi, Thor. I suppose it's possible I missed an instruction but I don't know. I'm reasonably sure that I installed things in the correct order. The engine lab bench mod was just installed using the TSL installer so there wasn't any way for me to have copied the wrong files over or something like that. And the mod had no special instructions that I saw. Maybe that mod is not the culprit and it's something else I did....no idea. I didn't have any crashing issues in Kotor2 despite installing a similarly long build order for that so unless I got sloppy this time Idk. 

I wasn't aware about the Kotor mod sync. The manual install does take me quite a while to sort through and do properly lol. I'll check that out and try a fresh install with it and see if that fixes things. 

Edited by Ginnet Reno

6 minutes ago, Ginnet Reno said:

Hi, Thor. I suppose it's possible I missed an instruction but I don't know. I'm reasonably sure that I installed things in the correct order. The engine lab bench mod was just installed using the TSL installer so there wasn't any way for me to have copied the wrong files over or something like that. And the mod had no special instructions that I saw. Maybe that mod is not the culprit and it's something else I did....no idea. I didn't have any crashing issues in Kotor2 despite installing a similarly long build order for that so unless I got sloppy this time Idk. 

Given the size of the mod build and the amount of mods in it, I would imagine other mods modify that level so it could be another mod.

The mod build is also very thoroughly tested from what I understand though I haven't had the chance to try them out myself.

9 minutes ago, Ginnet Reno said:

I wasn't aware about the Kotor mod sync. The manual install does take me quite a while to sort through and do properly lol. I'll check that out and try a fresh install with it and see if that fixes things. 

KotOR Mod Sync is fairly new, so it's understandable that you weren't aware of it, hopefully it helps speed things up a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thor110 said:

Given the size of the mod build and the amount of mods in it, I would imagine other mods modify that level so it could be another mod.

The mod build is also very thoroughly tested from what I understand though I haven't had the chance to try them out myself.

KotOR Mod Sync is fairly new, so it's understandable that you weren't aware of it, hopefully it helps speed things up a bit.

That's a pretty awesome looking tool. Thanks for the head's up about it. I somehow installed the Kotor 2 mod build without any issues despite the huge list of mods I installed, but it's entirely possible I made some mistakes with this mod build given how many mods I installed with it. So having a tool to automate that and ensure I'm not messing up is honestly a lifesaver to think about. Very excited to try it.

• Like 1

Well reinstalled using mod sync and was able to load into the garage. Yay.

Hopefully reinstalling and then running the save game doesn't cause any issues but I don't think it should since I had I think most of the same mods installed previously.

• Like 1