Sign in to follow this  
Vampir999

Problem with TSL GUI

Hello. I need help with TSL, I'm making new icons for GUI and I'm 95% done, but one problem turned out to be no use for them, since the icons themselves in the game are very small, no matter how much I searched for different GUI, but the same situation is everywhere, however, somewhere in the vastness of YouTube, I saw in the review when the player went to the abilities\powers tab, he had quite large icons

I have already downloaded the visual GUI editor https://deadlystream.com/topic/8226-visual-kotor-gui-editor-kge /, there is a field for finding icons, but there is no size of the icons themselves, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Please help me, in response I will fill in the tests for GUI in 256 and 128 quality

11 hours ago, Vampir999 said:

Hello. I need help with TSL, I'm making new icons for GUI and I'm 95% done, but one problem turned out to be no use for them, since the icons themselves in the game are very small, no matter how much I searched for different GUI, but the same situation is everywhere, however, somewhere in the vastness of YouTube, I saw in the review when the player went to the abilities\powers tab, he had quite large icons

I have already downloaded the visual GUI editor https://deadlystream.com/topic/8226-visual-kotor-gui-editor-kge /, there is a field for finding icons, but there is no size of the icons themselves, or maybe I'm doing something wrong? Please help me, in response I will fill in the tests for GUI in 256 and 128 quality

What icons in specific are you seeking?

From what I recall there are width and height values that can be accessed through the Visual KotOR GUI Editor, however screen space and aspect ratio's have to be taken into account when modifying something like this of which there are many variants, I believe most people just replace them as they are in order to match the original GUI style.

8 hours ago, Thor110 said:

What icons in specific are you seeking?

From what I recall there are width and height values that can be accessed through the Visual KotOR GUI Editor, however screen space and aspect ratio's have to be taken into account when modifying something like this of which there are many variants, I believe most people just replace them as they are in order to match the original GUI style.

If you replace them with GUI style, they will turn out to be of very poor quality. Then this makes absolutely no sense
If there is such a point, can you show with a screenshot where such a point is, otherwise I’ve already lost my mind
thank you for quick response

May the Force be with you!

30 minutes ago, Vampir999 said:

If you replace them with GUI style, they will turn out to be of very poor quality. Then this makes absolutely no sense
If there is such a point, can you show with a screenshot where such a point is, otherwise I’ve already lost my mind
thank you for quick response

May the Force be with you!

The only GUI edits I have done in recent times are simple recolours so unfortunately I have no examples that I can show, but I was in part referring to what you were referencing where some screenshots show the icons to be bigger in existing Icon overhauls.

Perhaps take a look at their releases in order to see what changes they made to the .gui files.

Alternatively try increasing the width and height values of the Icons you wish to alter the size of and see what the results are in-game.

For the most part here I am just guesstimating on what has been done because I haven't looked at any of the Icon overhauls myself.

I know there are a lot of .gui files to go through and tinkering with them takes time.

Presumably you are after either the Feat Icons or Force Power Icons? Without knowing which icons in specific you are referring to, I can't even take a look at the problem, but the best bet is to just tinker with the values and see what works best for your circumstances.

Best of luck figuring out a solution.

4 hours ago, Thor110 said:

The only GUI edits I have done in recent times are simple recolours so unfortunately I have no examples that I can show, but I was in part referring to what you were referencing where some screenshots show the icons to be bigger in existing Icon overhauls.

Perhaps take a look at their releases in order to see what changes they made to the .gui files.

Alternatively try increasing the width and height values of the Icons you wish to alter the size of and see what the results are in-game.

For the most part here I am just guesstimating on what has been done because I haven't looked at any of the Icon overhauls myself.

I know there are a lot of .gui files to go through and tinkering with them takes time.

Presumably you are after either the Feat Icons or Force Power Icons? Without knowing which icons in specific you are referring to, I can't even take a look at the problem, but the best bet is to just tinker with the values and see what works best for your circumstances.

Best of luck figuring out a solution.

Yes, Feat Icons and Force Power Icons

I’m also making a completely changed HUD, I plan to post it next week

But in principle the problem is only on the leveling screen, but in combat or movement the sizes are normal and quite beautiful

So maybe we shouldn't pay attention to this problem.

4 hours ago, Vampir999 said:

Yes, Feat Icons and Force Power Icons

I’m also making a completely changed HUD, I plan to post it next week

But in principle the problem is only on the leveling screen, but in combat or movement the sizes are normal and quite beautiful

So maybe we shouldn't pay attention to this problem.

It's just a matter of finding the correct .gui file which I think is ftchrgen_p.gui but it looks like it's a hard-coded set of values where they are all displayed and exist inside of a container.