Sign in to follow this  
Grymoire

Kotor2 Model Editing Help

So I am currently trying to make a slight alteration to the female player models in kotor2, specifically just reducing the chest size to be flatter. I've used kotor tool to extract all the mdl models and installed a plug-in for blender that would allow me to import/export these mdl files. I went through each female player armor/robe models one by one and adjusted the proportions, aside from the default clothes. I then put all the edited models in the override folder, additionally the edited models are viewable in holocron toolset's model viewer.

My issue is that when any armor/robe that's been edited is equipped or hovered over, the game immediately crashes. This is my first time modding so I'm unsure how I might fix the issue and use the edited models, any help would be super appreciated. If it matters, I have TSLRCM and fixed lightsaber colors #1 installed from the steam workshop and was using TSLRCM's override folder.

ooh probably not, I'll go back in real quick to see and report back

Yo that was the issue! Thank you so much! I feel dumb lol, I super appreciate it

An easy trap for new players. While both games share the basic model format, there are differences in the binary file, so they're not cross-compatible without being recompiled for the specific target game. KBlender defaults to K1 being the target output format.

ok, sorry to bother again, I've gotten most edited models to work but I'm having trouble with 2 specifically and don't understand whats wrong. The default player clothes refuse to use the edited version that I made, I even checked in appearance.2da to make sure I had edited the correct one, pfbam.mdl. I edited the other pfbal and pfbas as well, but default clothes seem to not want to work. Also when selecting the "none" option for clothes causes a crash which I'm also unsure of. It's just these last two things giving me problems, maybe something somewhere else is overriding my edit for those, or maybe there's a specific model I missed?

In TSL players only use the medium (M) body models. The large (L) and small (S) models are leftovers from K1 where the three starting classes (Soldier, Scout, Scoundrel) each had different heights.

As far as the actual body variants go, A is the underwear model, B is the clothes model, C/D/E/F/G/H are the armour models, I/M/N are the robe models, J is the Revan/Star Forge robes model (unused), K is the flight suit model, and L is the female-only dancer outfit model. By default the TSL player rows use the commoner clothing model for the B slot - N_CommM/N_CommF.

I would highly suggest that you do not reuse the vanilla names for custom body models. Unless your intention is for everyone to use said model/s. If you replace N_CommF for example, every female NPC in the game wearing clothing will use your model.

Also note that textures will require a number in their filename which is linked to the variant in the UTI for the associated clothing/armour/robes. The texture name specified in the appearance.2da slot excludes the numbers. So, for example, the female player B slot model has "N_CommF" in the texb column. If you equipped clothing variant 1, the texture used would be N_CommF01, etc. But note that the texture variant in the UTI doesn't necessarily match the ResRef (filename) of the UTI. For example, g_a_clothes08.uti uses texture variant 7.