MOD:Force Power: FORCE DISARM [for TSL]

Force Power: FORCE DISARM [for TSL]

Force Power: FORCE DISARM
--------------------------

by 010_sWitch_010

Creation Date: July 7, 2005

Description:
------------
This is just a quick new force power I created.  Its similar to the force pull powers from the "Jedi Knight" series (damn those games were awesome).  When used it should pull any ranged weapons from the targeted NPC's hands, forcing them to engage in melee combat.

In Game:
--------
The power comes available to all Jedi classes at and over level 5 and can be selected like other powers from the character upgrade screen.  It's a hostile force power so will only show up when you have targeted a hostile NPC.  It works just like any Stun, Kill, Push or etc. powers.  Once used the power will look for and equip the targeted NPC with a melee weapon

Mod Contents:
-------------
fp_disarm.ncs        - The force disarm script
if_disarm.tga/.txi    - The icon for force pull
k_search.ncs        - The melee search script
spells.2da        - list of force powers with Force Disarm on the end
source files        - I've included the source .nss files for making it compatible

Testing:
--------
I have currently tested it on the Serocco thugs within Nar Shaddaa.  It works on them and equips them with the generic short sword.  I also tested on the mercenaries on Dantooine and seems to equip their melee weapons without giving them anything.  Also, I didn't make the 'given' short sword to un-droppable.  So, a short sword will show up in the remains of any NPC who didn't have a melee weapon and you used the power on.

Installation:
------------
Unzip the files straight into your Override folder.  The files were compressed within the appropriate sub folder.

Compatibility:
--------------
spells.2DA...ARRGGGHH!!!! Compatibility’s Achilles heel.  If you don't have any spells.2da files in your Override folder then just extract this straight into it.  However, if you do already have one, you can probably just open up the spells.2da file included in this mod and copy the last row in mine over to the last row in your spells.2da file.  Then open the source file included and change the row source number to the new row number.  Then compiled the edited source file and put into override.

Note:
-----
I haven't done a new .tlk file entry for this force power, instead I just referred to an empty slot on the original dialog.tlk file.  This means that the force power will not have a name and no description.  Hopefully the icon should distinguish it. Sorry if this puts people off my mod :(

Note 2:
-------
I've included a search for any melee weapons before the end of the power's script.  So that any NPC its used on will have a sword.  I might release another one where they run around unarmed, it's funny :)

NOTE FROM JUMPSTATIONZ ARCHIVIST: This mod – like most of the mods in the JumpStationZ Archive - has not been tested recently.  (Note the creation date above precedes TSLRCM.)  If you download and install this mod, you assume all risk.  Additionally, you may note that this mod has no screenshots other than the old JumpStationZ logo and the title of the mod.  Feel free to include screenshots with your review if you feel moved to.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/22/2023
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    No