Sign in to follow this  
EAF97

Kotor Tool menu issue

I just got a new PC and have had to re-install all the editing tools for Kotor and for some reason on Kotor Tool, the "models" BIF dropdown menu isn't appearing or opening when I try to go to extract supermodels from there which I need for porting in models from Kotor II. What could be done to fix this?

image.png.df4580d83d2a8ae8f17fe95142911839.png

Presumably it means it can't find it, which is odd if it can find everything else.

You can try checking the hash of chitin.key in the game's base directory to make sure it isn't corrupted. The SHA-512 hash of mine is:

F51CB6038F897CF6281FB3E64294E8EA7AF0A9ED2C4C47F138CBFD84250763B4DEEF62DF03C852C88B8592AF9D096ED011F507285FE4E8C84508BF0AD1E9F123

If you don't already have a means to generate file hashes, you can try this online tool - https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/sha512_file_hash.html. Simply drag and drop chitin.key onto the page to generate the hash for it and compare it to the one I posted above (note that tool produces lowercase hashes while mine is uppercase, but that doesn't matter).

Alternatively, this is the option I use myself - https://github.com/namazso/OpenHashTab/releases/latest Per the name, it adds a new tab to the Properties window in Explorer that will list hashes of the selected file, like so:

HashTab.jpg.d2900beeb08b60eb3373e1dd04c5110f.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, DarthParametric said:

Presumably it means it can't find it, which is odd if it can find everything else.

You can try checking the hash of chitin.key in the game's base directory to make sure it isn't corrupted.

I did this and discovered that the chitin.key file had indeed become corrupted somehow. I went ahead and did a clean install which seemed to fix the issue

image.png