Sign in to follow this  
The_Drib

Hard edits and K1 Community Patch

In the description of the K1 Community Patch it says, "Generally speaking, this mod should be installed before anything else, except mods that do hard edits/overwrites of 2DA, TLK or MOD (module) files." As well as, "It is recommended that you consult the individual authors of any large scale mods, particularly those that edit DLGs and scripts, as to whether their work is compatible with K1CP."

I was wondering what constitutes as a "hard edit." What are some examples of mods that are "hard edits," and some that are not? Am I overthinking this, or should I contact the authors of the mods and ask them?

Pretty much exactly what it says: mods that dump a pre-edited copy of, for example, appearance.2da into the Override folder instead of using TSLPatcher (lots of old player head mods), mods that require you to replace dialog.tlk (like PC Response Moderation), mods that put pre-edited MOD files into the Modules folder (like NPC Overhaul).

If you want to use a mod and the author doesn't explicitly state that it is compatible with K1CP then yes, you should ask them.