SamTheG

KOTOR 1 modded armor robes glitch

So I'm trying to use this head mod for KOTOR 1 https://deadlystream.com/files/file/2224-effixians-pmhh01-from-k2-to-k1/ in conjuction with the Darth Bandon style armored robes I installed from here https://deadlystream.com/files/file/902-seikans-armors-of-the-old-republic/ . Whenever I equipt one of these armored robes, my character appears to be wearing the vanilla Revan Robes just reskinned (Apologies I have no screenshots). I think this is because Seikans armored robes mod is not compatible with the head mod I installed hence the strange mesh. Is there any way to make these two mods compatible with each other so that seikans armored Robes works properly with the custom head mod I installed? Any help would be greatly appreciated and apologies if I didn't explain my issue that well. Thank you!

Quick and dirty fix:
Go to your override folder, here you find 2 files (for male that is, female has F instead of M):
- pmbj.mdl
- pmbj.mdx
Make 3 copies of the mdl file and name them pmbjs.mdl, pmbjm.mdl and pmbjl.mdl.
Do something similar for the mdx files.
Add the attached file.
Done.

N_DarthBand01.txi

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Effix said:

Quick and dirty fix:
Go to your override folder, here you find 2 files (for male that is, female has F instead of M):
- pmbj.mdl
- pmbj.mdx
Add the attached file.
Done.

N_DarthBand01.txi 26 B · 0 downloads

Thank you! And what do you mean by dirty fix?

2 hours ago, Effix said:

Quick and dirty fix:
- pmbj.mdl
- pmbj.mdx
Add the attached file.
Done.

N_DarthBand01.txi 26 B · 1 download

I just want to know because I'm quite far into the game so I don't want to mess it up if this goes wrong and start again. Thanks

5 hours ago, KOTORfan1206 said:

Thank you! And what do you mean by dirty fix?

It's actually quite a safe way to change things because you can simply undo it by removing those mdl/mdx copies that you make.

A bit cleaner, or at least more consistent, would be to do to the new character what the mod's installer does to the relevant vanilla characters.

• Like 1