Sign in to follow this  
Nehua

MOD:Existential Selkath's HK-47 Overhaul, TSL Patch

Existential Selkath's HK-47 Overhaul, TSL Patch

THIS IS A PATCH, ORIGINAL MOD BY EXISTENTIAL SELKATH IS STILL REQUIRED

The purpose of this mod is to provide a patch to finally be able to use Existential Selkath's excellent HK Overhaul mod in Kotor 2. I was hoping for Existential Selkath to release their own version of this but after seeing the following comment by them it seemed to me like they mostly gave up on doing so, thus I decided to release my own. 

This patch does not include any of the incredible texture work by Existential Selkath, it only patches the model to bring it to work within TSL. This patch also makes it so the model uses the new TSL animations and includes Marius Fett's HK-47 Disabled Animation Eye Fix Mod. A disabled HK-47 will have its eyes turned off.

Original Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1476?tab=files

------------------------------
Installation

Download Existential Selkath's original mod, and copy its contents to your TSL Override directory.
Once that is done, run the TSL Patcher found with this mod.

Uninstallation

Copy the appearance.2da found in the backup directory back to override.
Then delete the new p_hk47.mdl and p_hk47.mdx files.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    04/14/2023
  • Category
  • TSLRCM Compatible
    Yes

When I bring hk47 on world his textures stop working and he turns all white, is there a fix for this? on the ebon hawk he is just fine weirdly enough

43 minutes ago, blcv2 said:

When I bring hk47 on world his textures stop working and he turns all white, is there a fix for this? on the ebon hawk he is just fine weirdly enough

From a quick glance at how the mod works, it seems that you might not have installed the pre-requisite mod?

On 4/17/2023 at 9:21 PM, Nehua said:

THIS IS A PATCH, ORIGINAL MOD BY EXISTENTIAL SELKATH IS STILL REQUIRED

Original Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1476?tab=files

To the original mod author, it could be worth adding the following to the bottom of the [Settings] section of the changes.ini to ensure that the user has the required mod installed.

Spoiler

Required=P_HK47Ch_01.tga
RequiredMsg=This mod requires the HK-47 Overhaul Mod

Thor110

2 minutes ago, Thor110 said:

From a quick glance at how the mod works, it seems that you might not have installed the pre-requisite mod?

To the original mod author, it could be worth adding the following to the bottom of the [Settings] section of the changes.ini to ensure that the user has the required mod installed.

Reveal hidden contents

Required=P_HK47Ch_01.tga
RequiredMsg=This mod requires the HK-47 Overhaul Mod

Thor110

I figured out the issue, it for some reason did not modify my appearance.2da when I installed the mod. To fix the issue if anyone else has it, I opened my apperance.2da file that was in my override folder and added "P_HK47_01" in the racetex column

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blcv2 said:

I figured out the issue, it for some reason did not modify my appearance.2da when I installed the mod. To fix the issue if anyone else has it, I opened my apperance.2da file that was in my override folder and added "P_HK47_01" in the racetex column

It might be worth noting that this mod explicitly blanks that column, if you check the changes.ini it changes the column racetex of row 3 to "****" which is default for no entry, so I suspect that is intentional as looking at the required mod's files, it includes new textures.