Jump to content

Ian Starrider

Members
  • Posts

    36
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ian Starrider

  1. Version 1.5 sounds great. I can't wait to try it out. Three questions. 1. How about a controller layout based on TSL’s native layout? Most of the current layout already matches it. I think it would feel more natural if KOTOR and TSL could be controlled identically using the same controlls. 2. Is the new version of the “K1 Modern Driver Compatibility Patch” included? Specifically, version 1.3.0? 3. Unfortunately, the HD Icon Pack by JackInTheBox isn’t quite complete. Some of the Jedi robes are missing or aren’t applied to all robe types (Padawan, Knight, Master). I also seem to vaguely recall that a few other minor details are missing. But I’d have to check that myself again. Otherwise, thank you very much for this patch. This is the best thing that’s happened to the game since its release.
  2. That's a really interesting idea, and I'm looking forward to seeing it come to life. I'd also appreciate it if you could tell us a little more about this Exar Kun armor. Is this part of your “Armor Replacement” project that you've mentioned elsewhere?
  3. A thought has been on my mind for quite some time. I'm a big fan of Crazy34's lightsaber blade model, and he's also included a patcher in the Modders Resource so you can apply it to any other lightsaber hilt models you can find. In my opinion, the best lightsaber hilts are in Plasma’s Lightsaber Hilt Collection for Jedi Academy. https://jkhub.org/files/file/3552-lightsaber-hilt-collection/ A modder from our community, Marius Fett, has already ported a handful of hilts over to KOTOR (Malak, Bastila, and more). https://deadlystream.com/profile/3420-marius-fett/content/?type=downloads_file&change_section=1 I think many of these hilts shouldn’t just replace the hilts of individual characters but should be used for all vanilla lightsabers. Various hilts, such as those of Darth Revan and Bastila Shan, are actually high-poly models of the game’s vanilla lightsabers, and I’d love to see them combined with Crazy’s blades. I’ve already contacted Marius Fett about Revan’s lightsaber, but he seems to be unavailable. That’s why I’m posting my idea here. Maybe someone else is interested and has the time to implement it. Here’s a brief list of what I have in mind. Saber_Revan as a replacement for the vanilla lightsaber Saber_Bastila as a replacement for the vanilla double-bladed lightsaber Saber_Bastila2 or Saber_Jolee as a replacement for the short lightsaber. In addition, the following would also be interesting options: Saber_Nihilus & Saber_Sion for the obvious antagonists in TSL. Marius Fett has already ported Darth Malak's lightsaber for K1 and TSL. Saber_Darksaber3 & Saber_Ancient_CG as replacements for Crazy38's Black Core lightsabers and Crossguard lightsabers.
  4. OMG, you're an absolute legend. The glitch that's been haunting me for about a decade has finally come to an end. Thanks
  5. I came across your mod through the KOTOR Modern Restoration Patch, and I'm thrilled that the game is finally being restored to how it was originally intended. However, I keep running into a problem whenever I play KOTOR on hardware that isn't powered by an NVIDIA graphics card, and this patch doesn't fix it either. Maybe some members of the community are familiar with this issue. Certain alpha textures, which are supposed to give specific surfaces a metallic or wet look, actually darken those areas at the same time. HK-47, for example, looks absolutely terrible and is covered in black spots. The tips of male Twi’lek lekku also end up black. Another graphics bug that likely has the same cause affects the crystals on Dantooine, which simply have no texture but instead just a transparent, shiny surface. I’m currently trying to fix this issue on my Steam Deck, but so far without success. In any case, is there perhaps a setting in this patch that can resolve the problem? Or is there at least a small hope that a future update to this patch might fix it?
    I'm really thrilled. Originally, to make these modifications, you had to download a lot of texture packs and apply various patches—and in the correct order, too. With this patch, it's much more convenient, and it works without a hitch. I'd also recommend these two texture mods to round out the result. https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1556 https://www.nexusmods.com/kotor/mods/1873
    There’s now a good selection of Juhani reskins and remodels, and I have to say that this one is the best so far. However, I do have one criticism regarding the texture. It lacks detail. While this works fine if you’re playing Kotor with vanilla textures, it looks too flat next to all the HD skins. A more refined texture—one that shows the individual hairs in the fur or something similar—would earn 5 stars from me.
  6. Ian Starrider

    PMHC04

    i love it. we walked a very long way to have the canon revan in game. at last, the circle is complete
  7. The installation did not work. I think the 2da files are missing in the tslpatchdata folder.
  8. I'm also still waiting for a good port of this model. I just don't think the STWOR Revan is all that popular overall, which I think is a shame.
    Very well done. High-quality handles with crazy34's beautiful blades. But as mentioned in the comments section, the vanilla colors would have been a must-have for Jolee and Juhani.
    Totally underrated lightsaber hilts. They should get more attention in the community, as they are like high poly vanilla lightsabers. In other words, they are based on the original. With crazy34 blades, you have the finishing touch.
  9. Thank you for your support. Attached is the zip file with the German-language patch, which I have approved for use and which may be offered as a download on Deadly Stream. Patch_Uebersetzung_Deutsch.zip
  10. I tried it. But the .exe file did not run on my PC. Are further installations necessary? Or can someone send me the already converted append.tlk as xml?
  11. I would like to contribute a German language patch. As I have observed, the append.tlk file was edited for the French patch. In the Russian version, append.tlk & appendf.tlk were changed. What is appendf.tlk responsible for, or is it sufficient for me to focus solely on append.tlk? And my last question would be: Which tool is the easiest to use for editing tlk files? Best regards
    Very powerful tool and easy to use. If it had a preview function for visually comparing textures, it would be perfect.
  12. The Lightsabers are perfect. But the Icons realy need a higher resolution makeover.
  13. I recently came across this sword model for Jedi Academy and thought it would be a perfect replacement for Naga Sadow's poison blade, which can be found on Korriban. https://jkhub.org/files/file/3156-naga-sadows-sith-sword/ I don't know anything about modeling and such. But maybe someone would like to port this model to Kotor. Provided that the user of the original model allows it.
  14. The Weapons w_melee_23 & w_melee_14 have the same texture glitch. Maybe you can fix them too.
  15. Love it. Can't wait for the K1 Version.
  16. I think a reskin of one of the vanilla armor sets would do the trick.
  17. It looks really great, especially when combined with a heavy armor or the revan robes.
  18. Thank you very much. But it seems that the main textures are missing in this file.
  19. Years ago, I saw a screenshot of the Tulak Hord helmet that was ported from SWTOR. I don't remember which user was responsible for it, but apparently this mod was never released. I'm surprised that there isn't more demand for it in the community. I think this helmet would look great with the mask-less and hood-less Revan robe. That's why I'm bringing up the topic again in the hope that such a mod will find its way onto the internet after all.
  20. Perfect. I'm looking forward for it.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.