SchiddyMedia

I'm getting into modding and doing fairly well, but I have one issue I really could use help with.

How do UTI files determine which TGA to use? This is causing me a huge hold up.

I have multiple UTIs that only want to draw from the same TGA, but I can't figure out why.

Try changing the texture variation or body variation, which you might need K-GFF to edit.

I think the texture variation is for the icon and the body variation for the number on the end of the actual item's texture.

Is K-GFF still available anywhere? 

I am using K-Tool, which gibes me a model variation but it doesn't matter. If I change the name, the variation, whatever, its still pulling from the same TGA; not the new one I made for it. 

I am using pfbm05. Darth Malak's Robes. I am attempting to make different color variants. 

Rename your new texture to pfbm07(1 thru 6 are used by the game), drop that in override, then put the texture variation in the uti (using KotORTool) to 7 and drop your new .uti in override. Then use KSE to get it and test it out.

Better example;

I have a modded hood I am playing with. kha_mask01 is the uti and object ID. However, the mdx, mdl, and tga are named i_mask_250.

How does kha_mask01.uti know how to pull from a completely unrelated-ly named file?

Rename your new texture to pfbm07(1 thru 6 are used by the game), drop that in override, then put the texture variation in the uti (using KotORTool) to 7 and drop your new .uti in override. Then use KSE to get it and test it out.
That's what I'm having an issue with, how do I insert the new texture into the uti? I'm not seeing any way to do that.

I'm going to test out what I think you are saying, and see if it works.

Like I said, if you go to bifs>>templates.bif>>blueprint,item>>a_robe_26.uti, that's the uti for Darth Malak's Armor.

the general tab has the texture variation on the bottom right. change that to 7 as previously discussed....then change the tag and template also to something not already used, say "a_robe_50" just as example..I always make everything have same tag/template and filename so I know what it is right off the bat.

Change the description or the name of the item to whatever..could be "SchiddyMedia's Robe"

Mess with the properties.. etc, etc..

Save it in override as something else...as in a different filename.."a_robe_50.uti " from example above...make sure it has the ".uti" suffix.

And voila.

Is it workin' for ya?

With the examples of pre-made items, yes that is working. However, it is not working for other items. I think I know the issue and it's just requiring me to name some more files. I'll be messing with it later.