Sign in to follow this  
MrPhil

Star Wars Rebellion/Supremacy mod

Rebellion is a old enough game. It has been released in 1998. Still, it is a great game that stands the test of time, in my opinion. A strategic kind of game, it proposes a galaxy with 200 planets at most and tactical aspect plus strategic space battles. If you ask me, that would be one of the better RTS game out there, way better than EaW and SWGB. A while ago, a mod was made to enhance the quality of the game, which is somewhat graphically updated, not to mention that its AI is somehow weak. Still, I was not entirely satisfied with-it and decided to base my own mod on this one and change a lot of things: game balance, choice of ship and characters, graphic interface enhancement, planet icons and encyclopedia pictures updates. Of course, the game requires somewhat old machines. It would be pretty hard to get the game to run on a new computer with W7 64-bit. But my W7 32 bit laptop actually handle-it pretty well, so no need for a 90 years old PC. If such a project may interest you, I invite you to visit my thread over at swrebellion.com:

http://forums.swrebellion.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=28010

Good luck with your project, Phildevil! Could we hope for updated cutscene movies in addition to the additional planets and corrected galaxy map?

For those interested in see the original opening cinematic, see

for the US "Rebellion" version.

I'm afraid movie/cutscene editing's a little out of my league. However, As you may see on the link my modifications will be otherwise quite satisfactory. I am using the reloaded mod's updated GUI, making my own version of what the galaxy should look like, using all updated models, updating the planets and encyclopedia pictures, characters and troops and ships, balancing a lot, special forces too. So this will be quite the overhaul when done!

By the way, please call me just Phil. Phildevil is an old nickname I picked a lot of time ago and am not satisfied with anymore :P

Edited by MrPhil