Ninko

I have questions about files in the Streamsounds folder . . .

Just to confirm: isn't the mus_sbat_* the same music as the mus_bat_* files?

Correct. The *sbat files, on Pc, are recorded in a different format than the rest of the music, in KOTOR1, and they represent the "endings" that play when combat ends. The stingers, in other words.

Then my followup is: why bother with the sbat files when the formatting of the bat files are easier to deal with?

Then my followup is: why bother with the sbat files when the formatting of the bat files are easier to deal with?

Because, if I want to add custom battle music, I need to understand how the sbat files are. How long, any further specifics, etc.

This post is not of the files in StreamSounds, but rather about other .wav TSL sound files (which really are MP3s with fake header; they are located in StreamMusic and StreamVoice). I think this topic would be appropriate, considering its name, though I admit it's been a long time.

I couldn't play those by renaming them to .mp3. But there is actually a way to play those files with Media Player Classic and K-Lite Codec Pack. If you use MPC as your everyday media player, then you can install both x86 and x64 versions; in the following instruction the x86 version is used for playing TSL fake .wav files (and also any actual .wav files), and the x64 one - for whatever you wish. Note that the x86 one won't be able to play many other file formats, such as .flac, due to the settings described below.

1. Install K-Lite Codec Pack (I use Mega edition), with both x86 and x64 Media Player Classic players. During the installation you can associate both of them with preferred file types; choose .wav for the x86 version.

2. Open Codec Tweak Tool -> DirectShow (x86). Disable the LAV Splitter. Now, with the x86 MPC, this splitter won't be used to read files.

3. Open the x86 Media Player Classic. In Preferences -> External Filters, add the filters MPEG-I Stream Splitter and MP3 Decoder DMO.

After that, you're all done.

• Like 2