Sign in to follow this  
Jarren Visade

Bao Dur Sacrifice Count AI voice line

I know the saga of Bao Dur and his sudden disappearance around the time of the HK factory has something to do with a missing voice line, only found in some video which had music over the top. 

Recently there's been a free to access voice AI tool going around the internet and I thought perhaps this was one possible solution.  The file isn't perfect, there's no way to control emotional inflection in the speech, though as Bao Dur is fairly monotone anyway it could be far worse.

The other file is just something I did for context. I still have the voice so if anyone has other lines they'd like synthesising I'd be happy to try. 

Waiting for us.mp3 Make my sacrfice count.mp3

Two alternate versions which might be a bit better. 

Count 3.mp3 Count 2.mp3

One that could be used for M4-78, honestly I think this tool has a lot of potential. 

M4-78.mp3

I would like to contribute an audio piece I have on hand, it is the attempt of a Discord user named "LordYoda14715" to try and digitally remove the music from the original Bao-Dur sacrifice audio. This was released in the discussion's channel of the public Kotor Discord... hence is how I have it in my possession.

Vocaroo 1k1LLt78FII8.mp3

This was his associated comment, I don't think permission would be an issue here.

Spoiler

Hey everyone! So, I was messing around with an impressive online vocal remover/isolator AI called X-Minus Pro when I got the idea to try it out on the KOTOR 2 VO demo that had Bao-Dur's "make my sacrifice matter" line in it. I think it turned out pretty good. I thought I'd post the result here in case anyone might have a use for it

Now, onto your audio... I have heard a lot of Kotor AI audio and a lot of it SUCKS, truth be told I was expecting the worst when I saw this post but after hearing the provided audio I must say these are good! Though do keep in mind the average AI audio I've listened to is riddled with static or they break down the longer the audio is, these ones seem stable and sound as clear as day!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

That's actually quite a good job, I wonder if it could be improved by playing with the reverb a bit. I think I prefer it to the AI generated version because there is that emotion though.

These AI generated ones are using a new model by eleven labs https://beta.elevenlabs.io/ If you can get a clear MP3 of a character talking for as long as possible, keeping it under 10mb you can create a voice model for them, then generate voice lines based on it. 

In theory, you could do this for any Kotor Companion; though as I've said it lacks something in terms of emotional inflection so it's going to work better on lines meant to be delivered in a plain way. 

This is the last time I'll post this idea unless anyone else shows interest, I regenerated an AI voice line that sounds a bit closer to the original. The other two lines could be used for context though may need a bit of audio editing to space out the sentences better. 

If anyone ever wants to make this into a little scene either for TSLRCM or their own separate project you absolutely have my blessing, as a long time fan of everything the team has done here would just love to finally see this loose end tied up (and not by having Bao Dur run into a stray minefield inexplicably.)

Here we are.mp3 Waiting for us.mp3 Make my sacrifice matter..mp3

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

These sound clean, but they all seem to be sped up?

That is something that any sound editor could tweak... It does sound like Bao-Dur, and with ambient sounds streaming in the background, would probably be pretty good.

Wanted to give you some feedback... Bao-Dur's ending has always been a wound in the Force.