Sign in to follow this  
OniYoshihiro

Extracting Dialogue

Hello All, I am new here, and I am having some trouble.

I would like to extract dialogue from the game, I found the the .wav files using the Kotor tool but I cant seem to find dialogue, nor a way to extract it. 

32 minutes ago, OniYoshihiro said:

extract dialogue

Do you want voice over audio, or dialogue text?

The former is in streamwaves for K1 and StreamVoice for TSL, categorised into subfolders first by module and then by a DLG-specific identifier (except for global stuff like Huttese). The audio is stored as MP3, renamed to WAV with a fake WAV header. You want to use SithCodec to convert them to something most audio players will accept.

The latter is contained in dialog.tlk for both games, along with all other text in the game. Each DLG will identify a given line by its TLK StrRef.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DarthParametric said:

Do you want voice over audio, or dialogue text?

The former is in streamwaves for K1 and StreamVoice for TSL, categorised into subfolders first by module and then by a DLG-specific identifier (except for global stuff like Huttese). The audio is stored as MP3, renamed to WAV with a fake WAV header. You want to use SithCodec to convert them to something most audio players will accept.

The latter is contained in dialog.tlk for both games, along with all other text in the game. Each DLG will identify a given line by its TLK StrRef.

I want the voice over audio, not the text. So, I have SithCodec but I dont know how to accomplish what you have stated. And thank you for the reply! :)

Failing all else, read the manual. Per the readme:

SithCodec comes with batch files that are set up with commands for some common
operations.

decode.bat
This file will decode all files located in a folder called "in" (no matter what
their format) and save the new files in a folder called "decoded".

Put the VO in the IN folder, double click decode.bat, find the converted files in the DECODED folder.

• Thanks 1