Guest Plastic

Age of Empires Online

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to play AOEO?

• Yes, it looks good\okay.
    • No, I think it looks terrible.
    • No, I don't care for RTS.

Guest Gaminglord28

Has AoEO been released or only beta still?

Guest Crixler

It's being released on the 16th, but some people got early entrance into the game, distinct from beta. Plasticcaz (Oops, I mean Plastic, as he goes by here) I think had his access given to him by someone who somehow got 2 access codes, some people had to enter contests, and then there were a few people that didn't even really do anything specific and just got in automatically, like me. No clue why.

Earlier, I said I wasn't really feeling Egypt all that much, but I think it's starting to grow on me. I'll be focusing on Greeks though, since I preordered the retail package.

And @Plastic Yeah, I haven't seen you on there yet when I've been on, but I have seen a bunch of the big names around, it makes me feel small. XD hahaha. But yeah, I sent you a friend request! You should totally accept it, so I can do the visit a friend quest, since my beta buddies (alliteration ftw!) didn't get into the pre-release. And stuff.

Guest Plastic

@ Crixler: I'm in Australia, so if you're in another place (such as America) you may not be on at the same time as me.

Guest Crixler

Yup, I'm in America. And yeah, I realize that haha. One of my really good friends is in Australia, don't get to talk to her all that much. Time zones are lame.

I might play it, I'm not sure. It's a good idea, but I wish there more civs available at the start (I think there should be Roman as well as the others). And paying for AI skirmishes isn't great.

Guest Crixler

Roman's will probably come eventually. But I love having tons of civs available to me, so yeah, I agree that more would be nice. But each civ is pretty expansive (that was not a pun-ish typo!), so as long as you're not one of those freaky hardcore players who plays 24/7, you should be able to focus on one civ at a time, and you might not even really notice you've only got 2 options to start with. By the time I'm done with Greece and Egypt, the Celts and Persians will probably be out. The highest level I reached in the beta was about 27.

Guest Plastic

Yeah, I reckon the game is worth a go, especially since you don't have to pay for anything.

Paying has it's upsides of course, but it's pretty good even without paying in my opinion.

Guest Gaminglord28

Yeah, I reckon the game is worth a go, especially since you don't have to pay for anything.

Paying has it's upsides of course, but it's pretty good even without paying in my opinion.

Many ftp MMOs are fun without paying but are unfair towards free players. There are some really good ones though (LotRO and DDO for example) so maybe AoEO will do ftp right? We'll just have to wait and see...

Guest Crixler

Ingame chat has exploded with the release!

Looking forward to picking up my retail box in the morning.

Guest Plastic

Game has launched! It's worth a try, so I'd suggest you download it if you are an AOE fan, or like RTS's