ajdrenter

Font Scaling

So I've been working on a TSL font scaling mod for 4K. Most of it works really well but I have some font alignment issues specifically with the statussummary_p.gui file. I had similar trouble with saveload_p.gui but I was able to get an acceptable result by modifying the font alignment value from 18 to 34. In this case the font alignment value is 17 and I can't get the proper text to display. The string it shows when aligned just says Experience Gained or something similar and not the typical (XP) and numerical value message. I've tried modifying all sorts of values, offsets and dimensions but I feel I'm just stumbling in the dark here.

Star Wars  Knights of the Old Republic 2 Screenshot 2021.11.24 - 13.59.35.27.png

Star Wars  Knights of the Old Republic 2 Screenshot 2021.11.24 - 13.59.53.62.png

Star Wars  Knights of the Old Republic 2 Screenshot 2021.11.24 - 14.00.28.02.png

Star Wars  Knights of the Old Republic 2 Screenshot 2021.11.24 - 14.00.52.45.png

Star Wars  Knights of the Old Republic 2 Screenshot 2021.11.24 - 14.00.55.92.png

Star Wars  Knights of the Old Republic 2 Screenshot 2021.11.24 - 14.01.37.57.png

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, but yeah. There are a myriad of small and annoying alignment issues plaguing this sort of mod. Scaling is handled entirely by the .txi files associated with each font. If you export the font textures as .tpc from kotor tool and then use ndix ur's tpcview you can get these txi files easily. Notable issues are the one shown above, as well as a similar issue with saveload_p.gui. More minor things are just general font alignment issues where letters are just not quite in the right place. It's all pretty easy to set up in a short amount of time, but I never felt I had anything complete enough to release. What could be done, is just to specify a separate font in problematic gui files, and just live with small text for those few elements. Honestly though I've just resigned to playing in 720p with a lot of anti-aliasing. The problems that seem unsolvable are due to the apparently hardcoded size of list entries, such as savegames, items, feats, and of course status summary items.