Sign in to follow this  
eldendream

Change object's texture dynamically?

I'd like to make a robe that the player can change the color of. So let's say we have a <Fullname> Robe item. Is it possible to change that item's texture from within the game (whether by interacting with a workbench, dialogue sort of like the Player crystal, or some other means)? Alternatively, would it be possible to set the texture on creation of  a <Fullname> Robe, like if a workbench offered options such as "red, blue, green"?

I'm rather new to modding (made some items), so I apologize for any misconceptions. Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by eldendream

Nope, not dynamically. One item, one texture. How you'd have to do it is have a separate robe item for each of the colours. When you change the colour through a workbench dialogue or whatever you'd be deleting the old robe and giving the player a fresh one that's the correct colour.

That's what I figured looking through the scripts and all. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a way I was missing.

Thanks for the answer!