user6765734

Installation Help

When ever I try to install the mod its pops up with a language for where I install the mod and I cant choose where its installed

What version of TSL are you working with? (The original 4 CDs, or the KOTOR Collection, or the Steam version, or the version from GOG)?

What OS are you using?

I am having the same problem. I'm on Windows with a Steam version of the game. 

I believe the first time I ran the installer, it defaulted to a path which didn't yet exist (ProgramFiles86/lucasarts/) and so when I tried to run the game after install completed, I found the mod wasn't there.

But now on successive attempts to run the installer, it literally won't let me choose the path, it only lets me pick language. I've tried redownloading both the base game and the installer and at this point I'm quite frustrated and confused...

On 7/27/2021 at 3:29 PM, Sith Holocron said:

What version of TSL are you working with? (The original 4 CDs, or the KOTOR Collection, or the Steam version, or the version from GOG)?

What OS are you using?

I'm sorry, I missed your statement about tagging in my first comment and I'm not sure how to edit it.

Okay, I ultimately figured it out. The TLSCRM program needed to be uninstalled directly from the Control Panel so that my system would forget its registry key.

I had only tried reinstalling the base game and deleting the installer. But as long as my system remembered the TLSCRM program, as soon as I redownloaded the installer it would automatically detect the old path and gave no option to change it. 

I hope this helps anyone who had the same issue. This seems like an extremely easy mistake to make for someone like me who has never installed a mod on a steam game before. Maybe something can be added to the readme to caution against this? Currently it recommends using Workshop to install the mod, but I wanted to avoid that so I could stack others on top of it.