Megamence123

Jedi Master Improvements and Superior Duelling

This is my first post, so I apologize if it's in the wrong forum. I am interested in creating a mod that improves the Jedi Master class, which will carry on the Feat, Powers, and Saving Throws progressions from the Consular class. I also wanted to create a new free feat chain that improves DC of cast powers, among other potential boosts such as permanently activated Inspire Followers or Crush Opposition powers. The goal isn't to make Jedi Master overpowered, I just want improvements to my favorite class.

I am also interested in creating a mod that also adds a second chain to Dueling feats, in the same vein as Superior Two Weapon Fighting, which will improve the stats of my favorite styles of builds.

So my question is, can someone point me towards tutorials that can help me with my changes? I have no idea what I'm doing and cannot find any tutorials relevant to my interests here. I would very much like to learn how to make these changes myself.

• Like 1

I don't believe there are any tutorials specifically for class/feat modding, but I can point you in the right direction.

If you don't have KotorTool yet, grab that and familiarise yourself with it.

The files that are relevant to your interests are classes.2da, classpowergain.2da, cls_st_jmaster.2da, cls_st_jedi_c.2da, feat.2da and featgain.2da.

There's a detailed look at 2da files here that should help.

For everything regarding boosting force powers you'll want to look a k_inc_force.nss.

• Like 2

Thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed.

EDIT: All right, so I was able to tinker around with the files and create some new feat chains. Unfortunately, they don't work. Can anyone point me towards the files I need to tinker with beyond feats.2da in order to activate them? I was trying to copy the Force Focus line automatically given to JMA/SLD, and nothing was happening under the hood, so to speak. The feats exist, they're just useless. What script contains feats and effects?

Edited by Megamence123
New information needed, didn't want to double-post.

On 6/26/2021 at 5:10 PM, Megamence123 said:

What script contains feats and effects?

None, is the simple answer. Most feat effects in the game are hardcoded. For new feats what you'll want to do is use the conditional GetHasFeat() in a relevant script (k_inc_force here) to check for the presence of your 'dummy' feat and trigger the appropriate effects.

If you want some examples of how it works you can look at my mod Content Pack: Feats and Powers, the source code is included in the download.