kane001

Porting TSL Heads to KOTOR

Hi, does anyone know how to port head models from TSL to KOTOR? I wanted to try using the PFHC07 head from TSL, and I managed to get the model into the game, but the lips don't move during dialogue and there's a weird line that goes down the middle of the face. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

I assume you're using MDLEdit, if not then that's the easiest way to go. No face animation means you need to have the super model from the game you're porting to be in the same location/folder as the model you're converting.
If you load pfhc06.mdl with MDLEdit you can click on Header on the lower half of the screen, then on the top half you see Supermodel: S_Female03, that means you need to extract the mdl+mdx from K1 with that name. In the whole process you load with K2 on, switch to K1, export as ascii, load that ascii and then you can save as binary.

I've seen the line in the middle on several models, but that's not something I know how to fix. It's not a problem with the texture but with the model or slight differences between how the 2 games apply the texture to a model. It might also be that it wasn't an issue when KotOR didn't have those wide screen or higher resolution fixes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Effix said:

I assume you're using MDLEdit, if not then that's the easiest way to go. No face animation means you need to have the super model from the game you're porting to be in the same location/folder as the model you're converting.
If you load pfhc06.mdl with MDLEdit you can click on Header on the lower half of the screen, then on the top half you see Supermodel: S_Female03, that means you need to extract the mdl+mdx from K1 with that name. In the whole process you load with K2 on, switch to K1, export as ascii, load that ascii and then you can save as binary.

I've seen the line in the middle on several models, but that's not something I know how to fix. It's not a problem with the texture but with the model or slight differences between how the 2 games apply the texture to a model. It might also be that it wasn't an issue when KotOR didn't have those wide screen or higher resolution fixes.

Yeah, I was using MDLEdit but I wasn't doing the intermediary step of exporting as ascii and I hadn't exported the super models either. Thanks for your help, I'll give those a try and see if I can't find some way to fix that line :)

• Like 1

There's at least one post on the matter here.

21 hours ago, Effix said:

There's at least one post on the matter here.

Took a look there and I did actually find a fix. If you create a .txi file and add the line 

mipmap 0

downsamplemax 0

the line disappears. There was also another solution that involved the use of an open32.gll file but I play on android mostly so that fix wouldn't work there. 

• Like 1