Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dark_Ansem

[TSL Request]USM *reborn*

TSL Ultimate Saber Mod Reborn  

21 members have voted

1. 1. do you wish for a re-release of the Ultimate Saber Mod?

• Yes!
    • No.

Guest Dark_Ansem

I'd ask the creators of the USM to re-release their mod to make use of the TSLpatcher, to ensure maximum compatibility with all recent releases. I, for one, volunteer, if they take the mantle up, to make bump maps / specular masks from their "diffuse" textures for the mod. and if they could add to the package a better lightsaber glow and even more colours I'd be in heaven.

I also ask the community: would you actually want it?

I think you'll have difficulty finding all the members of the USM team to get them to work on it. Some of the folks are simply inactive and many of them have moved on to different projects. The best bet for this kind of thing would be a patch-type mod to change what's in USM - something installed after USM is installed. (In essence, a mod to change a mod.) If USM didn't have the requirement to use the crystals included in that mod, I'd imagine a lot of the trouble would be solved. I'd love to be able to use Crixler's crystals in both USM and HOTOR sabers. (I'm not sure why HOTOR sabers are incompatible with the Crixler crystals but that's a subject for a different thread.)

I'd invite discussion from those that have used USM so they could explain other issues that might cause problems.

Guest Dark_Ansem

wouldn't help making it via TSLpatcher?

Guest Dark_Ansem

by quoting Chainz's own answer

Considering there are so many talented modders out there that have shown they have the eye for creativity. I'd love to see some new fashion of co-op mod (and more of them) rather than a USM re-hash.

Being part of the USM was great for me and I learned so much from taking part of it. I'd suggest it for anyone in the community. It really is quite a different experience when you get to work with other from the community rather than trying to tackle everything solo.

USM is a mod I can be proud to say I had a part in, but we've had our run. I would love to see some fresh content come from the creators here in Holowan smilie.gif

Besides, I'm about the only "regular" visiting member of the team nowadays.. would be hard to get the gang together again.

About the Patcher version though. We've already consented if anyone wishes to take up the task, but I simply do not have the time nowadays, and I can't speak for the others.

Rather humbled though Dark_Ansem about the request. Thanks. It means a lot smilie.gif

EDIT: I'd like to know who are the lowlifes who actually voted "no".

Guest Dark_Ansem

Shameless bump + addition: so what you think it should be required in a new USM mod?

I start with: keeping the unique Saber design of famous npcs and associated quests (Visas, Mira I think are the only ones). maybe upscaling a bit the textures...

then adding the most famous sabers of the trilogu with custom on-off sounds. so it should be, more than a USM mod, a "Weapons of The Sith Lords" mod.

USM is great. I have become so used to it that I cannot imagine playing KOTOR 2 without it. I played 1.7 with USM and it was great until Malacor.