Sign in to follow this  
Guest bendarby24

KOTOR RESURRECTION!!!

do you think i should add class weapons and legendary item into the mod?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. do you think i should add class weapons and legendary item into the mod?

Guest bendarby24

KOTOR RESURRECTION!!![/

Kotor Resurrection is a rebalance mod for k1 being made by me, mandalore (and someone one else whose name I have forgotten) who I like to call the new generation of modders. In my humble opinion, this mod is going to rebalance, restore and totally make the game great! The things included in the mod are:

•Class changes

•Skill changes

•Force power point increases

•Restore the force power system like I previously did in my "ben.d rebalance mod"

•Restore feats you couldn’t get in the game before e.g. guard stance.

•Make med packs more useful. For example: if you are level 20 and you used a normal med pack, you would get quarter of your health back. If you used an advanced med pack, you would get half your health back, if you used a life support system you would get all your health back. This would also depend on your "Treat Injury" skill and your health points. Also included: The cost of items like med packs might be rebalanced. I would make them harder to get because this would make it unbalanced.

•Make the bosses have unique fighting styles so you will need to use different strategies to kill them thereby increasing the difficulty. They will be given unique feats and force powers along with new weapons so they will have unique equipment you can’t get anywhere else. In short, they will be much harder to kill.

•Blasters and all weapons will be much more powerful.

•The game will be harder and it will restore the impossible difficulty level.

•And some other cool stuff yet to be discussed.

I am considering putting in new unique weapons for each class. Another topic up for discussion is whether to include some "legendary weapons" in and put them randomly in places or they could spawn ever 1/1000 time ;)

This is only a base that the mod is going to be on but it might not all happen.

We need everybody's help so if you are interested you can PM me ...........mainly we need scripter’s but for the minute Mandalore is doing that.

If you have any ideas, we'd love to hear about them - so get to typing ;)

I might also be including these mods in it:

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Sherruk_Attacks_With_Lightsabers;63418

RHSithArtifacts (there is no link for this because it was on the red halk site!) it increases the power of the sith artifacts!

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Juhani_Improved;66521

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Character_Start_Up_Changes;117738

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Malak_IMPROVED;50359

I might also be including these mods in it:

sherruksabers

RHSithArtifacts

dan14_juhani

character_start_up_changes

malakimproved

Bendarby, when mentioning other mods you should be posting a link and hopefully the author that created it as well. Don't assume that everyone on the board knows what these mods are. Who made these mods? If not by you or Mandalore, then by who - and do you have written permission to include them in your mod?

Speaking of "who": who is the un-named person listed at the top of your post? If the person wishes to be anonymous, remove the reference. If he/she doesn't, get their name and post it.

Not crediting folks in your very first post on this subject won't exactly drive other modders to your request for help. Just sayin'. . .

Guest bendarby24

Bendarby, when mentioning other mods you should be posting a link and hopefully the author that created it as well. Don't assume that everyone on the board knows what these mods are. Who made these mods? If not by you or Mandalore, then by who - and do you have written permission to include them in your mod?

Speaking of "who": who is the un-named person listed at the top of your post? If the person wishes to be anonymous, remove the reference. If he/she doesn't, get their name and post it.

Not crediting folks in your very first post on this subject won't exactly drive other modders to your request for help. Just sayin'. . .

Sith Holocron, you need to stop accusing people of stuff. I have to contact the people to see if i can use their mods first. I said I might use the mods, but I might not use them! Finally, Mandalore is part of the team - of course, I'm going to give him credit!

Guest newbiemodder

Whoa, Bendarby..slow down. You need to understand that moderator Sith Holocron is doing his job. He is just protecting other modders' intellectual property from being abused. He would do the same thing for your mods. He is trying to maintain the integrity of this modding sight. Regarding the links, he's probably curious about some of those mods. He's a sponge when it comes to Star Wars, he soaks up everthing.

In the future, if you are going to mention any other mods that may be included, just include the author's name and that they have given consent. And don't forget to also include it in your ReadMe when the final mod is released.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

Guest bendarby24

thanks and yep sorry sith holacron bite angry and fustated with my exams

• Like 1

Guest bendarby24

I’m back guys and I’m hir to tell you that we are make progress we , well actually the amazing mandalore has had a breakthrough with the stance guard feat was not put into the game! Also I’m mite be sketching up some of the models for the legendary items well that if people won’t it. So can you please vote on the polls! Also might be getting pictures soon.

Back to the mod then if I do the legendary weapons and class weapons i would rebalance all the weapons by making them use a certain feat. This is a sketch I got in my brain so it is only a draft:

Basic swords- like short sword and long sword, you will need weapon focus: simple weapon feat what you get anyway because I will put this as a start of feat.

Normal Swords:-like vibroblades, and other swords. You will need weapon focus: melee weapon.

High powered swords: you will need the feat weapon specialization: melee weapon.

Legendary swords: like ajunta pall’s blade and some I’m going to make. You will need weapon specialization: melee weapon and also some other requirements like feats, dark/light side, and class.

Basic blasters: blaster pistil and all that. You will need weapon focus: blaster pistils. What you get anyway because I will put this as a start of feat.

Basic rifles: blaster rifle. You will need weapon focus: blaster rifle. What you get anyway because I will put this as a start of feat.

And you get the patterns so I’m not going to tell you all of them but i will also be using light saber focus, heavy weapon focus and all that. So it is harder to use high powered weapons and also it will mean you are not using a legendary weapon at the start of the game!

Also to use two weapons you need the feat two weapon fighting!

More to tell you more soon :)

Just to provide the details on the Guard Stance restoration, what I did was search through the tlk file for anything related to it, and I've come across every piece of text that has anything to do with the feat, including exactly what it was intended to do. So now all I need to do is script it. Then it's ready for implementation!

Guest bendarby24

Hi I’m back and I have been doing some light modding.

I have finished the feats for the melee weapons:

For basic melee weapons, you will need the feat "Weapon Proficiency: Melee Weapons."

For mid-range melee weapons you need the feat "Weapon Focus: Melee Weapons."

For high levels weapons and legendary ones, you'll need the feat "Weapon Specialize: Melee Weapons."

Depending on your class you will get some of these feats at the start of the game e.g.

Scoundrels and Scouts will get "Weapon Proficiency: Melee Weapons" at the start of the game.

Soldiers will get "Weapon Proficiency: Melee Weapons" and "Weapon Focus: Melee Weapons" at the start of the game.

Also you will get theses feats as you get to a certain level:

You will get "Weapon Proficiency: Melee Weapons" at Level 1

You will get "Weapon Focus: Melee Weapons" at level 5

You will get "Weapon Specialize: Melee Weapons" at level 15

I did this so the game would be harder so you can’t use legendary weapons at the start of the game. I made them feats you can gain at certain levels because it would be a bit annoying to spend you feat points on them.

Also for people who use a double bladed weapon you will need the feat two-weapon fighting because it is hard to fight with them so I thought why not?

Some screens:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/gallery/image/154-untitled-vgjpg/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/gallery/image/153-untitledjpg/

and the legendary weapons might look like this

http://deadlystream.com/forum/gallery/image/152-untitledjpg/

Until you have the legendary weapons all sorted out, isn't the above a little like putting the cart before the horse?

Guest bendarby24

no because i got it all figured out dont worrie

Can I suggest that Soldiers also get Focus: Heavy Weapons, Rifles and Grenade (if we're restoring that), and that Scoundrels & Scouts get Focus: Pistol?

Guest bendarby24

yes i was pakning that but i have only got around to doing melee weapons :/ and if we are going to restore them then start scripting ;)

Right. I've hit a bit of a problem. If the feat isn't programmed already, then that's it. Scripting new feats is currently impossible. I'll try and invent something to try and get the feats working, but I don't judge my chances. I'm not one of the super-scripters, so innovation isn't something I can see myself doing any time soon. There is still a slim chance, however, so don't despair entirely. Despair mostly though.