Sign in to follow this  
LS2

Malachor V TSLRCM/USM Blackscreen.

I don't want to sound pushy, but there's either some severe lack of proper communication between groups here, or we're (the fans, at least those having trouble) not getting listened to.

I first brought this bug to the attention of this site last September. Given, it wasn't known what caused it at that point, but I made it very clear that the bug existed then. By December everybody knew what the bug was and what caused it (TSLRCM being combined with the USM originally, then again even when using the USM Compatibility Patch), and yet here we are, in June, and, insofar as I can see, nobody has made any progress trying to fix this despite it being a major hindrance to many of us and the mod groupings we want to play.

I'm an indie game dev myself, I know schedules are hectic, particularly over the internet. But when an issue has been brought to your attention over half a year ago and the response is still, "we'll get to it eventually," that's not good enough. If I'm missing something and the problem has been fixed, my mistake, but, assuming I haven't missed anything and it hasn't, I ask the team to please take some time out to just alter a few files and make the USM compatibility patch work for everyone.

Hate to sound rude but I just don't think it's a high priority. That mod causes quite a few conflicts if I remember right.

However, there are other ways to get that mod to work without the conflicts. It just requires using another more compatible saber mod and replacing the textures, and mdls with the USM ones. That's what I did. I just couldn't stand playing KoTOR without USM.

• Like 1

Hate to sound rude but I just don't think it's a high priority. That mod causes quite a few conflicts if I remember right.

However, there are other ways to get that mod to work without the conflicts. It just requires using another more compatible saber mod and replacing the textures, and mdls with the USM ones. That's what I did. I just couldn't stand playing KoTOR without USM.

I found Heroes of the Old Republic, which not only looks a great deal like USM, but is supposedly custom-built to work with TSLRCM, so I'm hoping that one won't give me issues.

The thing is, ever since last September I've been trying to get a group of mods together that're all compatible to present to a different group I'm in, so the less technically-savvy people there can play a really beautiful, restored KOTOR II. I know a ton of 'em want to. I loved the USM when I used it, and I wanted that to be in the build, but I can't include it because I can't finalize testing with the crash included, so now I have to settle for the next-best, no offense to the developer of HotOR.

It simply irks me that it's what seems to be a small bug causing the issue, it's been known of in detail for nigh-on a half-year, and it hasn't been fixed yet. Hell, I'd be more worried about those who decided (and still decide) to boot up TSLRCM and the USM at the same time for the first time and got all the way to Malachor and had it bug for 'em. That's hours of playtime lost, and a great deal of whining here, but it's not fixed yet.

I understand priority schedules. As I said, I'm an indie dev. But, also as an indie dev (albeit I don't have much experience with KOTOR II, so I don't know the difficulty of modifying its files for compatibility), I don't look at this as being a difficult fix. If it is, my mistake. If it isn't, as I said in the OP, I know a ton of us would love a fix for this bug.

I found Heroes of the Old Republic, which not only looks a great deal like USM, but is supposedly custom-built to work with TSLRCM, so I'm hoping that one won't give me issues.

The thing is, ever since last September I've been trying to get a group of mods together that're all compatible to present to a different group I'm in, so the less technically-savvy people there can play a really beautiful, restored KOTOR II. I know a ton of 'em want to. I loved the USM when I used it, and I wanted that to be in the build, but I can't include it because I can't finalize testing with the crash included, so now I have to settle for the next-best, no offense to the developer of HotOR.

It simply irks me that it's what seems to be a small bug causing the issue, it's been known of in detail for nigh-on a half-year, and it hasn't been fixed yet. Hell, I'd be more worried about those who decided (and still decide) to boot up TSLRCM and the USM at the same time for the first time and got all the way to Malachor and had it bug for 'em. That's hours of playtime lost, and a great deal of whining here, but it's not fixed yet.

I understand priority schedules. As I said, I'm an indie dev. But, also as an indie dev (albeit I don't have much experience with KOTOR II, so I don't know the difficulty of modifying its files for compatibility), I don't look at this as being a difficult fix. If it is, my mistake. If it isn't, as I said in the OP, I know a ton of us would love a fix for this bug.

Well, I use the HoTOR mod as a shell to put the USM sabers in. Jorn did a fine job (his hilts are very good) and all and his scripting works much better than USM but it's all preference. It's very easy to do so, so if you want to not settle for "second best" just customize his mod. To my knowledge, as long as you don't upload the modded mod to any site, it's not against any rules and whatnot. Hell, I mod mods a tad all the time, like I love Jorn's Armored robes in that mod, but I wanted it in Dark Jedi Master form, so I did that, I'll never upload it and I take no credit but it suits me fine. Unless I'm wrong and I'm a terrible person, go ahead and change the mods to your own personal preference.

• Like 1

1.8 and M4-78 kinda have priority.

And with 1.8 the current compatibility mod doesn't quite mesh (it doesn't really with 1.7 either to be honest), so there will be a new one afterwards.