Sign in to follow this  
skud14

MEDIA:Shift Key Walking and Mouse Look Bindings

Shift Key Walking and Mouse Look Bindings

This is a simple autohotkey script I put together that Binds the Shift Key to the C key (The key I've bound to walking in my game).

You will need AutoHotkey to make it work. Get it from here https://www.autohotkey.com/

If you want to use the C key for some other binding then you'll have to edit the script in notepad and simply change the following:

shift::c

Replace "c" with whatever key you've bound to walking.

Additionally this script also includes a middle mouse button (wheel button) mouse look script. Simply press the middle mouse button to activate it and press it again to deactivate it. Pressing Escape, i, L, u, o, j, p, m, or v will also deactivate it.

You won't need to deactivate it when entering dialogues. You can use the mouse wheel up and down to scroll between dialogue options and left click to select your highlighted option.

You also don't need to exit mouse look to interact with objects/people like you have to with the games own mouse look option. Simply left click when in mouse look to activate the object you're looking at. Pressing right click will hit the number 2 key, so you can also use right click while in mouse look to do security options on doors and crates.

Make sure that your interact with objects key binding is set to R, or go to the following in the script and change {Blind}R to {Blind} <Your keybinding here. 

*LButton::                
Send {Enter}
Send {Blind}R            
Return

While mouse lock is active, your right button will call the number 2 key, so don't press it in dialogue options unless you want to select the no. 2 option.

Finally I've also added my own personal Camerastyle.2da file. It's not necessary to use but it is what I use in conjunction with this script. Place it in your games Override folder if you want to use it.