Sign in to follow this  
Hal900x

OK: Does or does not the Steam version of II support modern widescreen?

I'm seeing so much conflicting info my head is spinning. Does the Steam version of Kotor II support 1080P out of the box?

Edit: Actually, it looks like it does now. I just uninstalled TSLRCM (I had the Workshop version, been meaning to remove it) and KOTOR2. A reinstall of KOTOR2 shows 1080p as an option. Seems like the Steam version was updated at some point.

Finally found confirmation:

Jul 21, 2015

Aspyr in partnership with Disney/Lucas is proud to announce STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II - The Sith Lords™ is now available on Mac and LInux, along with a massive update to all 3 platforms.

New features include:

• 37 achievements to be earned through gameplay
• Steam Cloud saves
• Native widescreen resolution support
• Resolution support up to 4K and 5K
• Support for controllers, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Playstation
3, and Playstation 4, along with several others (check the system requirements for details)
• Steam Workshop support! We proudly worked with the Restored Content Mod team to have their famous TSLRCM up on launch day

Oh...and we added a "Force Speed Effects" option in the menu ;)

Chime in here with your thoughts on the update! I will be starting seperate forums for both Technical Support and Workshop Mods shortly.

Why did we do this? Because we LOVE KOTOR 2. But lets all remember what love truly is...Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/541906348058768450/

On 4/16/2020 at 1:03 PM, AmanoJyaku said:

Edit: Actually, it looks like it does now. I just uninstalled TSLRCM (I had the Workshop version, been meaning to remove it) and KOTOR2. A reinstall of KOTOR2 shows 1080p as an option. Seems like the Steam version was updated at some point.

Finally found confirmation:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208580/discussions/0/541906348058768450/

Well that's kind of a big deal...thanks!