Iam_Tricky

K1 Darkside bastila mod help

I want to use this mod(https://www.gamefront.com/games/knights-of-the-old-republic/file/dark-side-bastila-head-reskin) but in the readme it says if you've installed mods that make changes to the heads.2da or the portraits.2da files "you will have to make updated changes with the KOTOR Tool to make it compatible with each other." How do I do that? what does that mean? Any help would be much appreciated.

Uh oh, looks like a certain mod author didn't use TSLPatcher to patch 2da files, BADNESS! (Yeah, I know it was uploaded in 2006 😛)

Anyhow, per the author's instruction, use Kotor Tool to manually modify certain 2da entries. Since the author did not indicate which lines were modified, the only way I can think of is to download TSLPatcher and use its compare 2da function to figure out exactly which lines are changed by the Author, then make the corresponding changes manually.

Alternatively, you could reinstall the game completely for a fresh mod install. This time install the darkside bastila mod first before all other mod that uses TSLPatcher. This could save a lot of headache.

There might be better ways to do this but they're beyond my knowledge.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, uwadmin12 said:

Uh oh, looks like certain mod author didn't use TSLPatcher to patch 2da files, BADNESS! (Yeah, I know its uploaded in 2006 😛)

Anyhow, per author's instruction, use Kotor Tool to manually modify certain 2da entries. Since the author did not indicate which lines were modified, the only way I can think of is to download TSLPatcher and use its compare 2da function to figure out exactly which lines are changed by Author, then make the corresponding changes manually.

Alternatively, you could reinstall the game completely for a fresh mod install. This time install the darkside bastila mod first before all other mod that uses TSLPatcher. This could save a lot of headache.

There might be better ways to do this but they're beyond my knowledge.

Thanks for the advice man it helped me a bunch I ended up working it out thanks to you! 

Just for anyone else who may want to use this mod and encounterd the same problems as me what I did was using kotor tool I opened both the heads.2da and portraits.2da from the mod and opened up the same files from my override folder and copied the changes from the mod .2da files to my .2da files and saved. 

• Like 1