Sign in to follow this  
Allie-Wan

KOTOR 2 playthrough tips and ideas

Hi everybody. Does anyone have any KOTOR 2 playthrough tips and/or ideas that they would like to share?

I'll start the 'ball rolling' by mentioning that I resist the temptation to 'level up' any companions that I know I will later jedify. In this way, for example, I will have a companion that is Jedi Guardian level 20 instead of that same companion being Soldier level 10 and Jedi Guardian level 10 as he/she would otherwise be.

• Light Side Points 1

Guest DragonEmperor

If you are looking for something that may make it more difficult, I would check out Achille's Auto balance mod. The game normally scales the enemies you fight down, but with his auto balance mod, it scales the enemies you fight to your level or above. I haven't played with it myself, but if I can muster some spirit to play Kotor 2 again, I'm gonna use that. I would check it out.

I got this from the old forums, but instead of increasing strength, increase dexterity and get finesse for your melee companions. I can't exactly remember why, to be honest, but I remember reading it.

Edited by Mandalore

To get DEF and +Attack?

the STR damage boost is pretty negleticable later on and it's better not to get hit at all.

Hi everybody. Does anyone have any KOTOR 2 playthrough tips and/or ideas that they would like to share?

I'll start the 'ball rolling' by mentioning that I resist the temptation to 'level up' any companions that I know I will later jedify. In this way, for example, I will have a companion that is Jedi Guardian level 20 instead of that same companion being Soldier level 10 and Jedi Guardian level 10 as he/she would otherwise be.

This is a nice trick. I try to get Mira through without leveling up because she's usually the last one in. Means not picking her for the assault on Goto's Yacht, even though she's a natural because her ranged attacks can single out opponents instead of getting them all involved en masse.

The exile herself can be enhanced by retarding the level up: I'm at Dxun/Onderon first time, and she's level 24.

If you are looking for something that may make it more difficult, I would check out Achille's Auto balance mod. The game normally scales the enemies you fight down, but with his auto balance mod, it scales the enemies you fight to your level or above. I haven't played with it myself, but if I can muster some spirit to play Kotor 2 again, I'm gonna use that. I would check it out.

I used the auto-balance mod in my last playthrough and it made such a big difference. I actually enjoyed the gameplay.

If you want the most control over events, I recommend a Jedi Consular who becomes a Jedi Master with max persuade. You'll unlock the most dialog and related bonuses.

(Just so you know, I've only ever tried this in Trayus Academy with LS Mastery and Sentinal/Watchman, so pretty overpowered)

Go into stealth, and then creep up on enemies with Stasis Field. The Sith Assassins didn't stand a chance...Stealth Run helps.

Here's a fun one if you have Stoffe's force powers mod:

Walk up to a door or wall that you know has enemies on the other side and use Spirit Exodus. The "spirit" materialized on the other side and proceeds to instigate some serious trouble. Last time I played the Duxon Tomb, I walked up to a ledge and dropped the "spirit" on some Sith defenders. It really, really never gets old.