Sign in to follow this  
Mandalore

Odd stuff in KSE

What exactly are these things? Things like the "Minion" class. And the "Mastercraft" skills.

Nice. I've just downloaded KSE, so I'm still in the euphoric "wow, I'm KotOR God!" phase of its use, so I might try adding some of this stuff (if it still works).

I've tested K1's "Perceptive" feat, this is just a bonus to Stealth & Awareness. Guard Stance is something very complex that adds to your saves and defence bonus, but stops you from using stuff like Flurry, Power Attack, etc. I think I also tried out Force Focus: Alter and Control, but I can't remember what they do.

The Enhanced Senses power didn't show up in-game, although I did give it to myself.

Right, I'm going to try and learn .2da editing, so that I can do some restorations for some of this stuff.

Guard Stance is something very complex that adds to your saves and defence bonus, but stops you from using stuff like Flurry, Power Attack, etc.

Right, I'm going to try and learn .2da editing, so that I can do some restorations for some of this stuff.

I did that already, but Guard Stance and follow up feats cannot be selected anywhere. Were did you find them after giving them to your character?

Guest HaVoKeR

I did that already, but Guard Stance and follow up feats cannot be selected anywhere. Were did you find them after giving them to your character?

cannot be selected? its just a matter to adjust their list numbers in feat.2da... at least thats how i enabled implat feats for TSL.

Yeah, when it comes to .2da you can count on havoker to slap that b1tch. xD

They didn't appear in the list of defensive "powers". Don't know where else they should be.

Or maybe it's non-Jedi only?

Guest HaVoKeR

They didn't appear in the list of defensive "powers". Don't know where else they should be.

Or maybe it's non-Jedi only?

Is it a power or a feat? if its a power you will need to edit spells.2da... (but i think thats obvious for everyone, right?)

Or you mean that theres no place to active them in battles and etc?

It's in feat.

I enabled it, gave it to my Exile, and indeed, no place to activate in battle.

So asking how Mandalore did that, if he did.

I didn't actually get to use it. It was in my Feats list, and I could read what it did, but couldn't actually use it (this is the K1 Guard Stance, I haven't tried for TSL).

Guest HaVoKeR

Maybe this feat haven't being scripted, if so, we are doomed... if not, maybe theres a way with changing feat.2da, maybe comparing with other feats and see whats different?

Guest Dak Drexl

Just so you know, most of that stuff is left over from NWN. Kotor uses the same engine, so we find stuff left over scattered all over the kotor game files, like extra .2da lines and un-used properties in .uti files. Not sure if there's a way we can restore it though - as far as I know nobody has tried.

I see. Well if nobody's tried, there's a first time for everything...