Sign in to follow this  
jswartz0181

Is there anything I can do with KSE?

First a little backstory.

I was a bit surprised to find that, in all the years I've had it, I had never played a darkside playthrough of K2 (gray, but never dark), so this go through, that's what I'm working on. So until this game, I had never sided with Czerka or done the smuggling missions on Telos. Having never done them before, I figured that agreeing to help the Ithorians with that droid but to ultimately deliver it to Czerka would have the same result as siding with Czerka outright (or better, since it's a double-cross, right?). Apparently it doesn't. Since I started with helping the Ithorians, I never received credentials to gain access to the Ithorian hangar. Credentials that are apparently necessary to get the prototype shield unit for the second smuggling mission. Returning to Telos, I've tried lying to the one Ithorian to gain access, but even with 24+10 in persuade, it's not enough for him to let me in (I've even tried using KSE to up my stat to 50, so it was 60 total persuade, and it still didn't work).

So..... is there anything I can do with KSE to either give me the credentials or otherwise get passed that particular part of that mission, so that I can continue the smuggling missions? Or am I SOL and have to be mindful of this on my next darkside playthrough?

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

First a little backstory.

I was a bit surprised to find that, in all the years I've had it, I had never played a darkside playthrough of K2 (gray, but never dark), so this go through, that's what I'm working on. So until this game, I had never sided with Czerka or done the smuggling missions on Telos. Having never done them before, I figured that agreeing to help the Ithorians with that droid but to ultimately deliver it to Czerka would have the same result as siding with Czerka outright (or better, since it's a double-cross, right?). Apparently it doesn't. Since I started with helping the Ithorians, I never received credentials to gain access to the Ithorian hangar. Credentials that are apparently necessary to get the prototype shield unit for the second smuggling mission. Returning to Telos, I've tried lying to the one Ithorian to gain access, but even with 24+10 in persuade, it's not enough for him to let me in (I've even tried using KSE to up my stat to 50, so it was 60 total persuade, and it still didn't work).

So..... is there anything I can do with KSE to either give me the credentials or otherwise get passed that particular part of that mission, so that I can continue the smuggling missions? Or am I SOL and have to be mindful of this on my next darkside playthrough?

you would probably have to adjust the global with KSE.

not sure what global it is..or if it even exists..guess I could go look..

...well, I see a 200TEL smuggling M1, M2, and M3. try changing M2 to "1". If not..dunno

Edited by Qui-Don Jorn

If you follow the Czerka line you should have gotten credentials. You can just use them to enter.

If you followed the Ithorians you need to lie.

Then the global 203TEL_DroidInt_1 needs to be exactly 4. Which seems like a really odd requirement for a success check. :?

Woohoo, it worked! Thanks HH! Mine was set to 5. Now, I have to ask, afterward, will I need to change it back so other stuff doesn't get screwed up, or is it fine/will it change automatically? Guess it would help to know exactly what the difference is between 4 and 5 hehe.

It has to do with picking Czerka or the Ithorians, so yeah, putting it back is definitely advised.

Apparently it assumes you have the credentials if Czerka, and thus persuasion always fails unless you have followed the Ithorians, not taking into account the double-cross.