Barajas_201

what are the best settings to run kotor 2 on windows 7?

im having problems when playing kotor 2 on my windows 7 laptop, im running the game on the lowest settings but it doesn't seem to make the game run smoother and less laggy, can someone tell me what to do to make kotor 2 run better(like what compatibly pack should i use) and with a little higher settings? here are my laptops specs

post-2896-0-88651600-1298933225_thumb.png

Guest staticjoe66

TSL is 6 years old this year so if your laptop can handle W7, the problem definitely isn't your hardware. I would try running the game in XP compatibility mode and see if that works--with every new OS, Winblows removes more and more legacy support which is why I run XP Pro on my gaming box.

im having problems when playing kotor 2 on my windows 7 laptop, im running the game on the lowest settings but it doesn't seem to make the game run soother and less laggy, can someone tell me what to do to make kotor 2 run better(like what compatibly pack should i use) and with a little higher settings? here are my laptops specs

From my experience (and I have similar issues) compatibility mode only worsens the problem.

I'm actually curious on how to solve this myself, I'm guessing that you have half second stops for no reason. Right? That don't happen all the time but happen randomly? Other than that you have smooth gameplay?

Perhaps this is a problem that could be fixed with a solid state drive? Faster reading off the drive could cause it happen less often.

From my experience (and I have similar issues) compatibility mode only worsens the problem.

I'm actually curious on how to solve this myself, I'm guessing that you have half second stops for no reason. Right? That don't happen all the time but happen randomly? Other than that you have smooth gameplay?

Perhaps this is a problem that could be fixed with a solid state drive? Faster reading off the drive could cause it happen less often.

im in the peragus mining facility and when i go near any type of gas effect the game sort of freezes, the controls dont respond and i have to reload the game so i cant get out of there, the game never runs smooth, even with all the setting off, im running kotor 2 on xp computability pack 3 which i think is default

im in the peragus mining facility and when i go near any type of gas effect the game sort of freezes, the controls dont respond and i have to reload the game so i cant get out of there, the game never runs smooth, even with all the setting off, im running kotor 2 on xp computability pack 3 which i think is default

The gas causes a framerate hit for me, but I haven't had it that bad (and I pray that continues, I suppose I should count my fortune). Really sorry about that. Have you tried running without compatibility mode?

Also, shouldn't this be moved to general discussion? Although it is an valid subject, It really doesn't fit in the "TSLRCM" category.

The gas causes a framerate hit for me, but I haven't had it that bad (and I pray that continues, I suppose I should count my fortune). Really sorry about that. Have you tried running without compatibility mode?

Also, shouldn't this be moved to general discussion? Although it is an valid subject, It really doesn't fit in the "TSLRCM" category.

well i installed it :), thats something to do with it

Guest staticjoe66

Personally I have run TSL on W7 with 0 issues--the only thing I did was install the K2 Vista Fix from FileFront...that's it. My gaming box is an old AMD X2 rig and an AGP BFG 7800GS video card overclocked with RivaTuner and again I can and have run TSL with absolutely no FPS problems. I play in 1024X768 at 75hz because that's all the old Dell CRT monitor can handle so I'm not sure why you're having so many problems

Personally I have run TSL on W7 with 0 issues--the only thing I did was install the K2 Vista Fix from FileFront...that's it. My gaming box is an old AMD X2 rig and an AGP BFG 7800GS video card overclocked with RivaTuner and again I can and have run TSL with absolutely no FPS problems. I play in 1024X768 at 75hz because that's all the old Dell CRT monitor can handle so I'm not sure why you're having so many problems

i installed allot of mods(well not allot but plenty) and the TSLRCM, can mods make the game run slower?

Don't be to knock yer stuff, but this is why I've never upgraded to 7, or Vista, or anything past XP. As archaic and ugly looking as XP may seem, and in some cases is, it's never let me down before, and not once given me an issue I couldn't solve with a simple update to the hardware or software.

Guest staticjoe66

HH and/or MrPhil are much more qualified to answer that question than I am, I can speak only from own experience as a player--I can't speak as a modder. In my experience I have had mod conflicts crash my game and make it certain things didn't happen but I've never heard of mods which slow the game down. I suppose it's possible but I would have no idea what combination of which mods would cause that issue as I very rarely try new mods being very comfortable and very familiar with the mods I currently use

i installed allot of mods(well not allot but plenty) and the TSLRCM, can mods make the game run slower?

Mods can make the game a lot more choppy. Especially those mods by Xarwarz that alter the skins of whole planets. It all depends on your graphic card, honestly. Generally, graphic cards are lame for just about anything. Don't be fooled that they append "HD" to their name. Google your graphic card and you'll usually be able to ascertain what it's worth. As for compatibility issues... never heard of a one that indeed slows the game (unless you mean that it prevent you from progressing...)