Sign in to follow this  
catagurin

(Modding Help) NPC Weapon / Look

Hi there. I am looking for a way to replace the weapons / look for certain NPCs in the TSL game, such as lightsaber colors for instance.

Here are a few examples:

1. Kreia vs. Sion Cutscene - Replace Kreia's Vibrosword with an actual lightsaber.

2. Dark Side Kreia - Replace the Dark Side Kreia on Malachor V with Regular Party Kreia and with a Green Lightsaber.

3. Korriban Tomb - Replace Malak's Red lightsaber with a Blue Lighsaber.

I have KOTOR Tool already installed on my PC. I am new to KOTOR modding. So I am wondering if you guys can assist me with some basic info. on how to fulfill such a process.

Thank you in advance.

1. Not sure, I think it needs some script changes. I think she uses a sword even when you have the only one you have equipped.

3. RIMs -> Modules -> 711KOR_s.rim -> npc_v_malak.utc

Open that utc, press the inventory button. If you hover over the hand slot with the green outline then you see he has a g_w_lghtsbr02 there, that's a red saber. Now you can drag another saber from the list of items on the left to that hand slot to change things. Most lightsabers are only called "Lightsaber" there, so it's a matter of trying if you get the one you want. A blue saber is g_w_lghtsbr01, the one below the "Dark Jedi Lightsaber".
An easy way to check those "codes" is to check in a list of cheatcodes like https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/920601-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ii-the-sith-lords/cheats

After changing the inventory you can save the utc to your override folder to test your changes. You might need a save from before you went to that area for the 1st time, not sure in this case.

2. You can change the row for her evil look in appearance.2da with data from the row that's her normal look. You can do something similar as above with her p_kreia_evil001.utc in module 907MAL_s.rim, but I doubt it will affect the floating sabers.

Good luck

• Like 1

I thank you very much for your support, Effix. I followed your instructions and seems that I got the hang of it.

Cheers.

• Like 1