Skeet1983

Widescreen Help Requested

Try any or all of the following:

EDIT: this was motivated by the fact that I've been dealing with Windows 10 compatibility issues all f-ing day... stupid stuff like stand-alone updates and antiviruses... which should just WORK.... but NNNNOOOOOO..... stupid Windows 10...

A: Right click on the Game .exe (usually kotor.exe OR swkotor.exe) - Set compatibility mode for Window XP SP3.

B: Uninstall, Reinstall game

- BEFORE installing:

- Right-Click and open Properties - In the Compatbility Tab, set backwards compatibility to Win XP SP3 and select "Always run as Administrator, then click Apply / Okay

- Even when I have the Always run as Admin box checked, I always still Right-Click on the executable and select Run as Administrator

-- Windows 10 will do this sometimes - everything looks like it's installing, but won't write certain registry entries unless you actually SELECT to Run as Admin

C: Run UniWS patch in Windows XP or Windows 7 compatibility, ALSO run as admin

D: Verify (if NOT Steam, Steam downloaded files have their own file structures and protection) that the game file(s) installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\****

- Yet another quirk where 32-bit games won't ALWAYS run correctly unless installed to the 32-bit Program Files folder - this is hit or miss as with some games this doesn't seem to matter while others do.

E: Update the graphics drivers - If your display driver says it is a "Generic PnP Monitor", or something similar, you probably don't have a graphics driver installed.

F: Lastly, and this one is just a "man, I wish I'd thought of it earlier", when the game is in the Windowed mode and you can click/function in that window, press Alt+Enter - Windows command for going full-screen.

*** The moral of this story: Installing an application on Windows 10, especially downloaded files, always run more smoothly if you Right-Click and Run as Administrator. This seems to go for everything - I won't even install anything on a Windows 10 PC without specifically selecting to run as admin ***

I hope this helps - these are the general steps I will often take for any installation that is being weird...

Edited by djnugent

Try any or all of the following:

EDIT: this was motivated by the fact that I've been dealing with Windows 10 compatibility issues all f-ing day... stupid stuff like stand-alone updates and antiviruses... which should just WORK.... but NNNNOOOOOO..... stupid Windows 10...

A: Right click on the Game .exe (usually kotor.exe OR swkotor.exe) - Set compatibility mode for Window XP SP3.

B: Uninstall, Reinstall game

- BEFORE installing:

- Right-Click and open Properties - In the Compatbility Tab, set backwards compatibility to Win XP SP3 and select "Always run as Administrator, then click Apply / Okay

- Even when I have the Always run as Admin box checked, I always still Right-Click on the executable and select Run as Administrator

-- Windows 10 will do this sometimes - everything looks like it's installing, but won't write certain registry entries unless you actually SELECT to Run as Admin

C: Run UniWS patch in Windows XP or Windows 7 compatibility, ALSO run as admin

D: Verify (if NOT Steam, Steam downloaded files have their own file structures and protection) that the game file(s) installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\****

- Yet another quirk where 32-bit games won't ALWAYS run correctly unless installed to the 32-bit Program Files folder - this is hit or miss as with some games this doesn't seem to matter while others do.

E: Update the graphics drivers - If your display driver says it is a "Generic PnP Monitor", or something similar, you probably don't have a graphics driver installed.

F: Lastly, and this one is just a "man, I wish I'd thought of it earlier", when the game is in the Windowed mode and you can click/function in that window, press Alt+Enter - Windows command for going full-screen.

*** The moral of this story: Installing an application on Windows 10, especially downloaded files, always run more smoothly if you Right-Click and Run as Administrator. This seems to go for everything - I won't even install anything on a Windows 10 PC without specifically selecting to run as admin ***

I hope this helps - these are the general steps I will often take for any installation that is being weird...

Tried everything you suggested. Game refuses to run in full screen, even with alt+enter and after patched with UniWS. I am completely out of ideas and things to try...  :(