Sign in to follow this  
Torm

Windowed mode only after 1.7?

So I can only seem to play the game in windowed mode no matter what resolution I set it at. Its weird, its in windowed mode yet the surrounding borders are black its like a frame. small area where the game is in the middle and a black border surrounding all of it. I played two full play throughs of 1.6 with full screen. When I installed 1.7 and went to play I got this problem. Now since I last played I did update my graphics drivers so that might be the issue. Also I did go into the INI and change graphic options fullscreen=1 and display options fullscreen=1 so no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guest psychocandy

ALT + Enter with cursor on the screen

I've always played in windowed mode for various reasons (too big screen, better stability to switch from one application to another hundreds of times ...), before TSLRCM and with all versions of TSLRCM.

Go to options> graphics options> advanced graphics options

Change certain values such as anisotropy, v-sync ...

Confirm, quit and restart completely K2

TTLan

I've always played in windowed mode for various reasons (too big screen, better stability to switch from one application to another hundreds of times ...), before TSLRCM and with all versions of TSLRCM.

Go to options> graphics options> advanced graphics options

Change certain values such as anisotropy, v-sync ...

Confirm, quit and restart completely K2

TTLan

Update thanks for the help TTLan. I did what you told me to do and well it sort of worked it made it actually windowed where I could see my desktop etc in the background. If i maximize it it goes back to the windowed but black box border around it. What I did that made it really be full screen was setting to the resolution to its highest but setting the REFRESH rate to 75 instead of 60..no idea but it worked. Now the game starts windowed but if I maximize it it will go to full screen...odd.

In order to always start KotoR:TSL in fullscreen-mode:

Open your swkotor2.ini and change FullScreen=0 to FullScreen=1. At least in my case the game always starts in windowed mode, if I change any of the graphic settings beyond default (e.g. max Anti Aliasing and Anisotropy or higher screen resolution), unless I manually edit the ini and set FullScreen=1.