Sign in to follow this  
TwystedPhoenix

[KotOR I] Two-Weapon Fighting/Double-Bladed Bug

Hello all.

So I don't know how many people are aware of it, but there is a bug between Two-Weapon Fighting and all Double-Bladed weapons in KotOR I.

The Two-Weapon Fighting feat says it should affect all double-bladed weapons, but it doesn't, meaning that using a double-bladed weapon will not incur attack penalties like they should, even if a player has none of the Two-Weapon Fighting Feats selected (this can be checked with the combat log).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728196381

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=728196359

That shows that Blaster Rifle, a two-handed weapon, is only using the primary hand slot for its stats, whereas the Double-Bladed Saber uses both primary and off-hand slot, thus it being a two-handed weapon should not affect the fact that this perk doesn't work correctly with it (also, Two-Weapon Fighting later mentions affect double-bladed weapons in KotOR II, so this isn't an oversight by the devs).

I would just like a mod that fixes this small issue, or someone to show me how to do it. I know: "Why would you want to handicap yourself when you aren't facing penalties?". I just want to play the game the way it was meant to be.

Thanks for reading!

~Twysted

• Like 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Well, i was never sure about it this is a bug or not, but i already noticed it

we are working on a game re-tweak mod with friends i'm almost sure we'll touch this. thanks for this post

• Like 1

Well, i was never sure about it this is a bug or not, but i already noticed it

we are working on a game re-tweak mod with friends i'm almost sure we'll touch this. thanks for this post

Yeah, its likely less a bug and more of an oversight that the mechanics weren't working properly. If you equip a double-bladed weapon, it shows attack penalties in the equipment screen but the combat log says otherwise.

Thanks for reading!

probably easier to just change the description for the two weapon feat

• Like 1

Yeah, its likely less a bug and more of an oversight that the mechanics weren't working properly. If you equip a double-bladed weapon, it shows attack penalties in the equipment screen but the combat log says otherwise.

Which version of KotOR are you playing, and on what system? I have seen this bug mentioned before elsewhere, but I've been playing v1.03 (unmodified) on Windows and when I check Messages - Feedback I see the expected Dual Wield Penalty in the Attack Breakdowns for both main and off hand when using any double weapon (Quarterstaff, Gaffi Stick, Wookie Warblade, Double-Bladed Sword, Vibro Double-Blade and Double-Bladed Lightsaber) with or without Two-Weapon Fighting feats for player, party members and enemies.

There's no direct mention in SWKotORv103.txt but it might have been fixed, perhaps inadvertently, in v1.02 as a result of the following:

- Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.