Sign in to follow this  
JediMindTrix

Discussion: Female Exile & Battle Precognition

The Problem: Battle Precognition is a feat learned by the male Exile after the final sparring match with Handmaiden @ level 18. It adds the character's wisdom bonus to their defense rating, and I personally consider it pretty vital to Consular builds (or at least it would be, if KOTOR was difficult). As it can only be learned from Handmaiden, female exile's will never get the opportunity to obtain the feat, which I find to be a bit of a travesty/unfair from a mechanical perspective.

The Solution(s): In the case of female exiles, I want to "chop out" the specific dialog section that takes place after the 3rd sparring match with Handmaiden (for male exile's), and move it to the Telos Academy. The player would have to first beat all of the Echani sister's in their duels, which would set a trigger that causes Handmaiden to begin the chopped out dialog section and then teach the protagonist the feat.

Problems with the Solution: I tried to win those fights with a consular exile built for casting and was utterly crushed. Granted, I was not prepared equipment wise, but I do not think it would make any difference given the restrictions on force powers and stimulants. So, the class that would make the most use of the feat may not ever be able to attain it this way. For other classes, getting the feats that early might lend towards unbalancing the early game, though I believe that the fights are difficult enough that it makes up for this (plus, the classes that can easily win those fights will be getting the least use out of the feat).

Input/ideas/hatemail?

Cheers!

Well, for starters, your conditionals are wrong, you can learn it from her after your very first sparring lesson.

It's probably best to add it in as some Disciple Holocron quest mission, there are a few VO lines in the game to work it in.