Hello, Deadly Stream community,

I was thinking about making a cheat armband for KOTOR I and II because this would strengthen my modding skills in most areas. I know enough about scripting by studying the games scripts, but I was just wondering if anyone could point me towards a tutorial on how to make a script fire from an armband. I have tried looking everywhere but I just cant find out how to do this. I think once I get that down I should be good to go!

Thanks for your help!

All of the following is using KotOR Tool!

When you open an armband's .uti file, you can add a property to it called "Activate Item". The available items to activate come from the spells.2da file. Any row in spells.2da can be used with the Activate Item property.

What I would recommend is opening spells.2da (either a vanilla or a modded one) and copying an existing row (like one of the shield rows). You can make a new row at the bottom and paste the copied row here. Then all you need to do is change the value of the "impactscript" column to the name of your script, minus the file extension ("k_sup_bands" instead of "k_sup_bands.ncs" for example).

Click somewhere else in the .2da and then save it to your override folder. Make sure you have the option turned on about using .2da files from the Override folder. Now you can open your armband's .uti file again.

When you go to add the Activate Item property, your added row should now appear in the second dropdown selection area (the dropdown directly below the Activate Item one). Once you have it selected, you can hit Ok and save the .uti file.

• Thanks 1