Jenks

Help - Installed TSLRCM 1.7 but not starting properly

Hey. I found out about the mod yesterday so reinstalled kotor2 along with the TSLRCM 1.7 today; only problem is the game now won't start! It gets as far as the end of the opening cinematic, then as it's about to cut to the in-game cut scene the game crashes. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's anything I can do about it?

Cheers.

Hey. I found out about the mod yesterday so reinstalled kotor2 along with the TSLRCM 1.7 today; only problem is the game now won't start! It gets as far as the end of the opening cinematic, then as it's about to cut to the in-game cut scene the game crashes. Was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's anything I can do about it?

Cheers.

Welcome :D

Never had any game crashes issue with Kotor 1 or 2 so far. Did u updated the game with the official 1.0b patch?

------------------

Just remember something, did u placed the fixed dll for windows vista / 7 in the kotor 2 directory? This file fixes many crashes of kotor 1 and 2 under that operating system. As original the game came out years ago, when there wasn't any vista or 7 yett.

Ill have to search for the link of the file. Ill add it to this post, when found.

-------------------

Found a working download link : http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Windows_Vista_Fix;85439x#Download

Edited by dgchawaya
  • Like 1

Welcome :D

Never had any game crashes issue with Kotor 1 or 2 so far. Did u updated the game with the official 1.0b patch?

------------------

Just remember something, did u placed the fixed dll for windows vista / 7 in the kotor 2 directory? This file fixes many crashes of kotor 1 and 2 under that operating system. As original the game came out years ago, when there wasn't any vista or 7 yett.

Ill have to search for the link of the file. Ill add it to this post, when found.

-------------------

Found a working download link : http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Windows_Vista_Fix;85439x#Download

Ahhh, will give that a try, many thanks. I've got the first game on my laptop and that runs with few problems - was hoping the same would apply for KOTOR 2, but apparently not! Was so disappointed with the game the first time I played it several years ago; looking forward to playing the new version!

Ahhh, will give that a try, many thanks. I've got the first game on my laptop and that runs with few problems - was hoping the same would apply for KOTOR 2, but apparently not! Was so disappointed with the game the first time I played it several years ago; looking forward to playing the new version!

Gah, I tried using this fix and it doesn't seem to have worked; extracted the dll file to the kotor2 folder and didn't make any difference. Is there anything else I can try? Have read around and I'm certain that it's the incompatibility of KOTOR2 with windows 7 that's the issue rather than any problems with TSLRCM.

Gah, I tried using this fix and it doesn't seem to have worked; extracted the dll file to the kotor2 folder and didn't make any difference. Is there anything else I can try? Have read around and I'm certain that it's the incompatibility of KOTOR2 with windows 7 that's the issue rather than any problems with TSLRCM.

Strange, i'm using Windows 7 Pro 64bits and it runs really fine at my computer. Does the game run, without the restoration mod? Did u also run the config from the launcher to set up your resolution etc? Turn on the force software sound aswell. I had problems with it i believe on my old PC 4 years ago, untill i turned that option on.

While i dont have to use this, but make a new shortcut to the kotor2.exe file and turn on compatible mode on to Windows XP Sp2.

Hope anything of this helps.

Strange, i'm using Windows 7 Pro 64bits and it runs really fine at my computer. Does the game run, without the restoration mod? Did u also run the config from the launcher to set up your resolution etc? Turn on the force software sound aswell. I had problems with it i believe on my old PC 4 years ago, untill i turned that option on.

While i dont have to use this, but make a new shortcut to the kotor2.exe file and turn on compatible mode on to Windows XP Sp2.

Hope anything of this helps.

Cheers for yr help/fast responses!

I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled without the mod, and still having problems. Set it up using windows XP compatibility mode, still not working, about to try yr other suggestions!

Hey, have gotten things working properly; got hold of the version 1.0b patch from the LucasArts site; was my understanding previously that this only worked for US versions of the game, but just found the UK version and it's all now working fine.

Thanks for yr help, chap; wouldn't have known to even try the 1.0b patch if you hadn't told me about it.

Hey, have gotten things working properly; got hold of the version 1.0b patch from the LucasArts site; was my understanding previously that this only worked for US versions of the game, but just found the UK version and it's all now working fine.

Thanks for yr help, chap; wouldn't have known to even try the 1.0b patch if you hadn't told me about it.

Awesome! Enjoy the game ;)