Elwood288

UTI question from a nooby modder

Heyo everybody.

So I've been working on a basic replacer mod for the Battle Armor. I've done the retextures and such and everything has gone smoothly until now. Basically when I edit info in the UTI  (change the name and description) and drop it in my override the changes don't show in game. It's still called Battle Armor and has the default description.  Now according to the various tutorials I've found that should have worked. I've started a new game to see if it just wasn't affecting my current playthrough but that wasn't the case. What am I missing?

The top one is the file in question.

15ocfop.png

The changes I've made in KOTOR tool.

2iqophy.png

What it looks like in game.

2eeagkz.jpg

I can't make out anything in the last picture.

But I will note that the changes will only take effect if you get a new copy of the item. (so saving before getting the item and then cheating it in usually works)

I can't make out anything in the last picture.

Yeah, noticed that myself after uploading. Fixed it.

As far as the Description, you'll need to copy the Unidentified's text to the Identified's area, replacing what's already there. That's a legacy piece from Neverwinter Nights.

.......... Well now I just feel stupid. Remember when you said it had to be with a new version of the item? That, ah, that was it. Was doing all my testing with an already existing version of the armor.

29fave9.jpg

Well thanks for the help! Glad to get that sorted.