Sign in to follow this  
JoeWJ

New Site

New site looks great!

Thanks for putting your time and effort into it Matt, especially over the Christmas period!

No problem guys.

There are still a few things to be done but nothing that will stop us from using it.

Yes, the site is great!

One thing though, I can't see the chatbox anywhere around here...

Guest vinslol

Its pretty cool, much better to browse with/resource friendly imo

apparently I can't download anymore since I'm a lurker though :( Must be a hard cap somewhere

The site is nice. I never saw the last one but I'd imagine this is an improvement.

So.........how long has this site been functioning? Everything looks professional, like it's been here for months, maybe even years. Props to all of you guys, seriously. My head would burst into flames if I even tried to start a forum site. O.O

Yes, the site is great!

One thing though, I can't see the chatbox anywhere around here...

The IRC server still isn't ready just yet, it should be up in the next couple of days.

The site is nice. I never saw the last one but I'd imagine this is an improvement.

It's a hell of an improvement, I never realised how crap the old one was to be honest.

So.........how long has this site been functioning? Everything looks professional, like it's been here for months, maybe even years. Props to all of you guys, seriously. My head would burst into flames if I even tried to start a forum site. O.O

This site has technically been up since July 2010 although it has been going since January 2008 but due to problems we lost the whole site early July and had to start again.

First off, thanks matt. This looks fantastic!

One request for when you have time: unless I'm going blind, there's no option to change my title. I don't want to be gambling forever. :(

One request for when you have time: unless I'm going blind, there's no option to change my title. I don't want to be gambling forever. :(

Go to My Settings, then Profile. It's on that page.

I've seen both settings, wch.

Go My settings > Profile > Change Profile Information > under Profile Information there is a box 'Member title'.

Edit: Nevermind about the linear+, that's something else, I misinterpreted it...

membertitle.jpg

Weird, huh?

And yeah, I realized that about the linear+...

Edit: I just noticed, I can't change my member title, it always puts it back to 'Member'...

another question: I noticed that some people have mod reviewer in their name. How does this work, exactly? do they post in the downloads section?

Dunno, you have to wait for someone else to answer that..

As for the member title, it got even funkier:

membertitle2.jpg

But at least the title now works when I fill in both fields. =D

I've fixed the two title fields problem, it was two settings that were conflicting with each other.

The reviewers are the ones who approve all mods, eventually they will be able to actually give a review of the mods too but there's still a bit of work to be done on that side yet.

Couldn't remember where all the site errors were posted before, so I'll throw this one here. When external links are clicked, it not only opens the link in a new tab (at least in Firefox), but also in the same tab, thus opening the link twice. And if you chose to open the link in a new tab, it still opens in the original one too.

Interesting, I do not have this problem.. When I click an external link it always opens it in a new tab, regardless if I clicked 'open in a new tab' or not, but it never opens it in the current tab. I have firefox too, by the way...