Kreia4life

Bugged game and not sure of the reason...

Hey all!

I recently decided to redownload KOTOR 2 on steam and play but wanted to throw in a couple of mods, I downloaded them all from here and installed them correctly but I'm coming across a game breaking bug when you board the shuttle on Telos to go meet Bao Dur at the restoration Zone! The loading screen finishes loading, music starts playing but then it all stops and the white cursor for the desktop pops up and the game just crashes. 

Here are the mods I am currently using - 

TSLRCM 1.8.4 (i think its this version, its the most recent one)

Jedi temple mod

SLM 2.0

The movie Jedi robes pack from this site 

Texture pack Part 1

Texture pack Part 2

Lightning reskin mod (this was from kotor 2 files which has recently closed down :( I had it on my pc from some time ago)

I installed them in that order as well!

I'm not sure what the problem is :( when I install the mods the only problem I have is that when the jedi temple installs it gives me a warning that a 2da file is already in the override folder, other than that everything installs fine with no warnings! 

I tried warping to the location without kreia and atton in my party and it worked, which means it is something to do with one of those two (I'm guessing)

One last thing, I installed TSLRCM through steam and followed the instructions of installing mods through the workshop folder rather than the normal KOTOR 2 main folder, but the problem is none of the new items are showing up in KSE and I don't want to progress without first adding in the items I want to use later on in the game, so if somehow not adding the mods this way could be the problem I'll reinstall it all this way as once I discovered I couldn't get the items I wanted from KSE I reinstalled everything manually and didn't use the steam TSLRCM, but if someone knows of a way to get the mod items to show up through KSE when everything is installed in the workshop folder that would be great!

Thanks for your time.

I'm the current developer of KSE, and while I've added support for Cloud Saves, I am very adverse to the Workshop as a medium for KotOR mods due to the Workshop's lack of proper mod installation given KotOR's way of modding.

Video Card Driver? Like ATI vs NVidia?

Also, sometimes the Root folder (example - C:\Program Files (x86)\SWKotor2\ ) needs the 'Read Only' attribute unchecked, and I've set security settings so that 'Everyone' has full modify permissions to that folder.

Might consider doing it for the entire STEAM folder just be sure it doesn't happen for other games too. 

I will say that this was happening to me too for a while - Catalyst Control Center issue. I ended up backing to version 14.4

Check THIS post on my findings and see if that helps at all (assuming that's the case). You can download that specific version and install it, then prevent it from updating.