gangster1337

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.7

Guest staticjoe66

Right--Goto shows up after the last priming sequence has been initiated, says a bunch of useless and worthless Goto crap then the game shifts back to the Exile whom has just entered Trayus Academy.

I finished the game a couple times before ever finding out about mods but since it had been so long since I had finished the game without having the TSLRCM installed--about 8 complete playthroughs and at least that many started but never finished--I didn't remember the non-restored scene so I had to look it up on youtube

How can the end be the same if HK-47 doesn't even exist, neither the HK-51 serie has been released... the end would be the same as WITHOUT RCM i think, thats what you mean?

Edited by staticjoe66

Guest Salk

Another issue I would like to report:

when playing Pazaak, one player wins automatically (no matter the score of the opponent) if all card slots are used (nine cards). It should be automatic Stand instead.

Secondly, if you leave the Enclave for supplies or another quest, before talking to Disciple he vanishes to Koonda and will not speak to you. You guys should really consider fixing this bug from the original game.

Already done for the next version.

Thirdly wouldn't it be possible to actually tell Keevee (padiwan in the Enclave) the farmer could use her help?

No.

when playing Pazaak, one player wins automatically (no matter the score of the opponent) if all card slots are used (nine cards). It should be automatic Stand instead.

That's a rule-change OE made to make the Flip x & y cards more effective. Not a bug, valid strategy...

At the end game Handmaiden sister fight, can't seem to get it to work correctly. It's my understanding should be able to stun them all at the same time then drop combat or I should be able to get them down 50% health to stun them. Can someone please explain or link me to the instructions on exactly how this fight needs to be done to subdue them?

Even killed them all and nothing happened. They are Red once I gain control of Handmaiden but don't attack unless I attack them or try to stun them.

Thanks for any help.

Guest Salk

That's a rule-change OE made to make the Flip x & y cards more effective. Not a bug, valid strategy...

I am not sure I would call that change a valid one. What I can say is that in the Pazaak rules nowhere is mentioned that there is an automatic win in case all the nine cards are used.

@ Acleacius: Other mods? Achilles Rebalance for example?

@ Salk: Well, Obsidian Developers mentioned that was an intended change on the Obsidian forums, and I kind of take their word for granted on their own game. Although I guess we could add such an entry to the rules/tutorial quests entries (for the english version atleast).

Guest Salk

@ Salk: Well, Obsidian Developers mentioned that was an intended change on the Obsidian forums, and I kind of take their word for granted on their own game. Although I guess we could add such an entry to the rules/tutorial quests entries (for the english version atleast).

I would definitely appreciate adding an entry about this new rule. Having Obsidian say that it was an intended choice in their forums does not help the game much. And with "valid", I meant to say that I can hardly find this choice an improvement over the original Pazaak rules. Blessed be Obsidian instead for introducing the alternate start between player and opponent in Pazaak. The game in the first installment was simply flawed in this sense.

Guest hkmandalore47

i have just found another problem. this one is on telos right before boarding the ravager. im still using 1.7 and the 1.7 fix.

PROBLEM: i walk up to mandalore and he asks if my preparations are complete. i say lets go, and then the cutscene for the republic fleet arriving plays. after that, it goes back to where i am but instead of boarding the ravager, the screen just goes black. i can still click on things, but thats it. saving and reloading only enables me to see everything again, however i do not board the ravager. and if i talk to mandalore again, he says the same thing and the same thing happens. help? i really want to see what happens next since this is my first playthrough with this mod!

EDIT: after reading some of the previous comments, i believe it is called the "blackscreen" issue

@ Acleacius: Other mods? Achilles Rebalance for example?

Yes' date=' thought it was compatible if I only used the Autobalance.2da. Tried to remove the Autobalance.2da but it made no difference.

I also see from an above post USM Compatibility is an issue, as the black screen at Malacore stuck was how my last game broke. I had thought it was something from the Handmaiden for Female PC, so I stopped using it for this play through.

Would I need to start another game without Achilles Rebalance and USM?

Here's my current list and load order...

Full Item Creation

Kreia's Mechanical Hand

Restored Content 1.7

USM Compatibility

Restored Content 1.7 fix

Bao Dur Shader fix

Better Male Bodies

Ebon Hawk history

Enhanced Merchants TSL

Fixed Mandalorian Banners

Handmaiden Style Undies For Female PC's

TSL Imperial Officer Mod

TSL Insane Dustil Restoration

Invisible Headgear for TSL

Ultimate Sound Mod

Kill The Ithorian

Kreia's Eyes Reskin

Kreia Green Fix

Kreia Hoodless

Lightsaber Parts Icon Fix

Movie-Style Retextures

Remote Is Lab Station and Workbench with Remote Tells Influence compatibility

Sith Assassins - With Lightsabers

svösh Force Gloves, Light of the Force, Sure Shot and Hk 47 Bullet Hole Skin for TSL

Achilles's Game Balance

Achille's Mira's Makeover

Achilles' Peragus Mining Shield Fix

Total Weapons Overhaul

Workbench Crystal Attunement

PC Wrist Launcher and No More G0-T0 Removed the No More G0T0 "g0t0.dlg" for RCM compatibility.

Below are all TSLPatcher mods

ANY SPELL MOD

Athena Too PC head

Bao-Dur Wears Jedi Robes

Bao-Dur's Charged Armor

Bastilla Shan Mature Look

Darth Nihilus Animation Fix

Droid Enhancement

Remove Force Power Restrictions by Armors

Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris

VP Handmaiden Sister fix

HIGH LEVEL FORCE POWERS 2.0 -2.1

Stoffe Improved AI

Movement Animation Fix

TELOS SHUTTLE CRASH MOVIE FIX

The Sith Lords: Full Force Mod Pack 1

Trailer Force Crush sound

Trayus Academy Rank Reformation Mod 1.2

Coruscant Jedi Temple

Realistic Visual Effects

Require jrl merger

Tomb of Azgath N'Dul 2.2

Texture and Sound

Red Head Blue Eye Female PC

Visas Head change to Bastila

TSL Music Improvement and Ambiance Improvement Mod

Visual Enhancement 2011

Blue Interface in TSL

Coruscant High Resolution Textures

Ebon Hawk HD textures

Realistic Nar Shaddaa Skybox

Thanks for any help. :hate the new smile:

Edit

I realize it's most likely all the mods I'm trying to use and probably have to reinstall/restart. I don't blamed RCM, in fact really looking forward to completing it. This is my 4th attempt which broke near end game, so if there is a way to hack by this so I don't have to spend another 30 hours replaying to this point, I would really appreciate it. ;)

i have just found another problem. this one is on telos right before boarding the ravager. im still using 1.7 and the 1.7 fix.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/553-ravager-bug/

Probably incompatible.

Cause for your current issue IIRC.

Completely unnecessary (we do the same)

This doesn't crash the Visas Introduction scene?

Also completely unnecessary. Second likely cause for this issue.

And the third.

Cause for your current issue IIRC

Damn' date=' is there a compatible nice looking underwear for the female PC and crew or is there a known work around? :(

I could manually set the PC underwear with Kotor Tool, if the mod has too much editing.

This doesn't crash the Visas Introduction scene?

Never had a problem with Visas crashing or breaking anywhere, iirc. Since your warning I'll not install it on this reinstall, don't want to take a chance. It's a TSLPatcher so I never suspected it would cause a problem.

Thanks for your help.

* Added script to heal Bao-Dur in Atris' academy after freeing him from the cage

Does this only work if you have him join your party after freeing him? If not, it didn't happen for me; he was still hunched over while talking to him on the EH and after arriving on the first planet afterward.

Guest Salk

Hello!

Even if I am wielding a lightsaber (Kreia has one too), she still tells me that our training with the lightsaber shall wait untill I have one.

Is this a bug? I have a double-bladed lightsaber and Kreia a short lightsaber.

Hello!

Even if I am wielding a lightsaber (Kreia has one too), she still tells me that our training with the lightsaber shall wait untill I have one.

Did Visas join your party, and did you complete the create your ownn lightsaber quest?

Hello!

I believe you need two single bladed sabers, in addition to the one for Visas. So you need at least three sabers.

Guest Salk

Did Visas join your party, and did you complete the create your ownn lightsaber quest?

Visas is in my party and I have created my own lightsber with the help of Bao-Dur. There is nothing in the game that hints to any plausible reason for Kreia to say that she cannot train me with the lightsaber untill I have one (I do!!). Even if the reason was that we need to equip single lightsabers as opposed to the ones we have, it wouldn't make any sense.

Guest Salk

I believe you need two single bladed sabers, in addition to the one for Visas. So you need at least three sabers.

Why would I need to use single bladed ones? ;)

And also why should Visas have one as well if the idea is for Kreia to train me? :question:

Guest Master Revan

I don't know if it's a bug or a problem with my character.

After lv 15, with the tslrcm mod, i taked with kreia inside and outside the ebon hawk, but the option to gain the prestige class wasn't there.

What could have happened?

I don't know if it's a bug or a problem with my character.

After lv 15, with the tslrcm mod, i taked with kreia inside and outside the ebon hawk, but the option to gain the prestige class wasn't there.

What could have happened?

You must also be strongly aligned to either the light or the dark side, in addition to being level 15. Perform more good/evil deeds and then return to Kreia.

Anyone else experiencing this extremely annoying bug, when ever you level load or zone a level even if it's a scripted level load your companions currently in the group lose their Lightside Bonus?

It doesn't matter who the companions are if they are in you current group and have an influence of 100, if you load a save game or zone in anyway, they drop to 99 Influence.Worst part about this bug is there is no way to reactivate the 100 Influence Bonus with a code or KSE. You can set it to 100 but it won't add the bonus again till you earn it, problem is you have to constantly keep earning it, every time you zone.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.

Hello, I'm new here! After the combats the caracter can not move. After I save and reload everything is back to normal. I am running TSLRCM 1.7+ the unoffical fix. I install the fix after experience this bug. Anyone got the same thing? Or is some way to solve it?

EDIT: I solve the problem, I forgott to pacth to v1.0b. I reinstall the game after a clean unistalation, pacthed, apllyed TSLRCM 1.7+ the unoffical fix, reaload the saves and it's oki!

Edit 2: Spoke to soon, After a few combats I got the same bug, any help?

Hi. I'm having some trouble with running KotOR2 with this mod, and honestly, I'm not exactly sure what the situation is. I THINK it's related to the mod, but I can't be sure. My computer's specs that I suspect could be relevant are:

Windows Vista, 32-Bit Operating System

Intel Core2 Duo CPU

ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series

Now, there are a couple problems that I think may be related. The first is the black screen problem people have mentioned--sometimes the game will load and everything will be black. That's fixed easily enough with Alt Tab, so it's no big deal.

The next problem is that half the time when I start the game, it doesn't start, instead doing a typical Windows program crash. Since I can just try again until it works, this is something I can live with.

The main, really annoying problem, though, is that very often I will be unable to load a Save file, and occasionally be unable to load the next part of the game when I transition from one section to another. What happens is that part of the way through the loading screen, the bar stops, and just stays there, unmoving. The computer's totally frozen; I can't close the program, can't Alt Tab away, can't even Control Alt Delete out of it. I have to reboot the whole computer. And it happens all the time.

Now, I've tried to diagnose the problem with my limited understanding, and I think the Video Card is the issue. When I go into the Configure option in the Loader, and check the system, my system's video card fails. The thing of this is, though, that when I install the game fresh and don't add this mod to it, my system passes the Video Card check adequately, with a Yellow dot instead of a Red one. So it seems to me that there must be something the mod changes that makes my card incompatible--and its driver IS up to date; I made sure of that when I started investigating the problem, and it continued. I've also done a fresh install of everything to ensure that it wasn't just a bad original installation, but there was no change--and the game's discs are literally brand new; I re-purchased the game this past week, new and still shrink-wrapped, in anticipation of playing it with this mod (an old, former friend possesses my first copy of it).

Anyone have any ideas about this? I mean, my video card and its driver were capable of handling Mass Effect 2 and Fallout 3, so I really haven't any idea why it wouldn't pass an older game's standards.

EDIT: Something I should have mentioned--I've tried running the game in both resolutions, the different visual quality levels, and without movies, with nothing helping. I mean, maybe the problem ISN'T with the video card, but I don't know what else it could be--I haven't got any other mods or anything, just the game, the official patch, and TSLRCM 1.7.

Also, kind of unrelated, but I know the mod that gives female Exiles the choice to bring the Handmaiden along is incompatible with this mod, and I hope someone can fix that in the future, but I was wondering if it might be possible to manually get around this, and if so, if someone would have an idea about which files to do so with. I mean, the main reason that it's incompatible, from what I understand, is that TSLRCM overrides the Handmaiden Choice mod's change to Disciple's mandatory dialogue so that, as the game originally intended, you HAVE to have Disciple join you. Would it be possible to go through the game with both mods installed until Dantooine, then, before meeting Disciple, to go into the game's folders and temporarily remove the TSLRCM file that modifies Disciple, leaving the Handmaiden Choice mod control over it? Then you could have the conversation with Disciple, not get him according to the Handmaiden Choice mod's influence, save the game, and put the TSLRCM file back into its proper place and continue on.

Is this possible? I mean, no offense to Disciple, but frankly, the Handmaiden is a far, far more interesting character with stronger depth and personality, and I really do want to see your great mod as a female Exile (as I think is canon, yes?) but also to see all the neat stuff that's been restored concerning Handmaiden. Or am I just an idiot who understands nothing about this process? Certainly possible!

Sorry for the long post. Hope I haven't made too much of a fool of myself.

Hey, RPGenius.

Try turning off the Catalyst AI and the CrossfireX feature (more important than the AI) in the ATI's Command Center; the game may not support multiple GPUs.

Also, have you patched the game to 1.0b? If so, did you patch it before you installed TSLRCM?

If you answered 'no' to the above two questions, I would reinstall the game, install the 1.0b patch ( found here: http://www.lucasarts.com/support/update/kotor2.html ), and then install TSLRCM 1.7.

You should also install Hunter Hassat's Unofficial TSLRCM 1.7 fix if you haven't already: http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/12-tslrcm-17-unofficial-fix/

Otherwise, I would make a backup of all the KOTOR2 stuff you want to keep (mods, saves, etc.), and reinstall the game; that definitely sounds like something wrong occurred during the installation.

Again, the install process is as follows: KOTOR 2, Official Patch 1.0b, TSLRCM 1.7, TSLRCM 1.7 Unofficial Fix.

Regards,

-13ack.Stab

Edited by Hassat Hunter
removed big quote

Thanks for the advice, 13ack.Stab. I did install them in that order, yes, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I turned the Catalyst AI off, but the problem persists. I don't know about CrossfireX--I'm not sure I have that feature, or if I do, I don't know where to find it--the only ATI control center I can seem to locate is the Catalyst Control Center, which doesn't seem to have any options for CrossfireX.

I guess at this point the only thing left is to try another fresh installation of everything. I'm worried, though, since this problem has occurred in 2 separate installations the same way...is that common, or do I probably have a bad disc?

EDIT: Oh, here's something about the situation that seems odd and possibly significant: you know how I said that the game's check for minimum system requirements gives me a red light fail signal for the Video field (which, again, was yellow before the mod's installation)? It says,

[Null] 2048MB

Your current video card drivers are out of date

NVidea cards require Detonator 45.23 Drivers or better

Now if I've got an ATI Radeon HD3800 video card, why would it mention NVidea? And again, I just updated the driver for my video card days ago to try to fix this problem, so it ain't that. Is the game or mod automatically trying to read a card that's not there instead of the one that is, or something?

KOTOR and KOTOR 2 have always hated ATI cards. Besides, the game is quite old; it won't be able to recognize most modern-day graphics cards (though it should run on them without any issue; the game runs perfectly on my four ATI Radeon 5800s).

I would try rolling your video card drivers back a version or three. Use DriverSweeper to remove your current ones, and then install the older drivers.

Also, see if you can install KOTOR 2 on a different computer (and patch it and whatnot) to test whether your disc has gone wonky, or if it's something else.

Regards,

-13ack.Stab

Edited by Hassat Hunter
removed big quote