Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob Ta'aar

Game-crash when trying to train Bao-Dur

Guest Bob Ta'aar

My game crashes every time I try to make Bao-Dur a Dark Jedi Guardian. The dialogues work fine, and then first comes the scene where the Exile and Bao-Dur meditate, then comes a similar scene where Bao-Dur is exercising some fight-moves (alone and not wearing his equipment), after that scene the game crashes.

I got 100 influence on him an am almost complete dark-side aligned myself.

I got TSLRCM 1.7 installed and a whole bunch of other mods, which should be compatible with RCM though. I painstaikingly seen to not overwriting any files while installing the mods and I'm pretty sure none of the mods change the ebon hawk, where the scene takes place.

The only mod changing anything with bao-dur is his charged armor-mod, which should be confirmed to be compatible.

Any suggestions?

Guest Bob Ta'aar

strangely enough it worked after several unsucsessful attempts on different planets when I returned to Telos (before the attack, just wanted to try different planets to see if it might work).

I think it has something to do with the PC, not with the planet though, as everytime it crashed, bao-dur was sparring alone instead of with my pc. Any ideas? Could it be his clothing? Everytime it crashed I wore the Exile's Combat Tunic (the one you find in your personal locker on the Harbinger), when it worked, I wore a new robe I found later.

I'm aware this is an ancient, dead thread but the info here helped me in my current playthrough! I was having the same crash issues with Bao-Dur's Ebon Hawk scene when trying to train him as Jedi on Telos. For reference, I am using mods that alter a lot of game equipment. Having read this thread it hit me that the PC was wearing a (custom) Exile's Armor, the one you get from the Harbinger in the beginning of the game. Meanwhile, Bao-Dur was wearing the custom modded 'Bao-Dur's Charged Armor'. When I had both characters enter the cutscene wearing no armor, the cutscene ran fine and Bao was jedified as intended. So the my crash here was caused by the Exile's Armor or Bao-Dur's custom armor. Anyway, for some unknown reason, wearing such items can potenitally cause a crash with this cutscene (in TSLRCM at least). 

Thank you for the fix, Guest_Bob Ta'aar_*, if it's only actually a workaround. Saved my current game for sure, as this was a game-breaking bug (or rather, function-breaking - could not train Bao-Dur). So if anyone faces similar issues, be noted that this is a potential fix.