Sign in to follow this  
F-oh-ex

Observation - melee weapons/lightsaber and Saber forms

During my recent playthrough I've noticed a rather interesting mechanic concerning Saber forms. I believe there's a room to improve it (hint hint!).

The problem with mechanics appear when you use a lightsaber in one hand and a melee weapon in the other hand. Side note: another problem with using such a combination of weapons is that a character tends to deflect blaster bolts with a melee weapon.

If you put a lightsaber in your main hand and a melee weapon in your offhand, all your attacks, including the ones done with the melee weapon, will receive bonuses granted by Saber form (such as +3 damage from Makashi form).

However, if you put a melee weapon in your main hand and a lightsaber in your offhand, none of your attacks will receive bonuses. Additionally, "passive" bonuses (such as +3 to defense against the enemies you're not targeting from Shii-Cho form) will not be granted.

Well, I'm not a modder so I'm not exactly sure, I posted it mostly because I found it interesting.

I suppose the game only checks your main hand for a lightsaber when Saber form is active, and applies the result to both weapons, instead of checking for them separately. I'm not sure if it's something which can be fixed, however.

im no modder so I have no idea what can and cant be changed on this game "If someone could tell me that would be great" other than that great findings!