Guest HaVoKeR

About modding...

Guest HaVoKeR

I wanted to know how i can change the startings feats the Exile gets when you create him in a new game... which files or scripts i have to mess with?

Currently he gains all base combat feats (power atack/blast, rapid shot/flurry, critical strike/sniper shot)

and war veteran, the rest is granted by his class...

EDIT: WTH i think i just discovered that about my own, ive been trying to discover it for days already...

Guess this thread should be Deleted?

Edited by HaVoKeR

That would be cool. I'm always having the default critical strike show up when I haven't advanced the skill, and I don't know how to change it, but I'd prefer my characters to start without critical strike at all, or maybe without any combat feats, especially the Sentinel/Guardian classes. When a character comes from the get-go using only a melee weapon, sure, you'd know which end of a blaster to hold, but why would you have power blast, sniper shot, and rapid shot?

Guest HaVoKeR

Well, the exile is a war veteran, and in war, you can't always use a sword/lightsaber, sometimes you have to resort to other things, i think thats the explanation. If you want to change that, edit feat.2da with kotor tools, there will be a collum "jg_pc_gain" or something like that, its a collum exclusive for JS, JG and JC, change the values like this: 1 to gain it, -1 you dont... then save it and put inside your override folder.

Also, you can always use KSE to get or remove feats and almost everything.

Edited by HaVoKeR

Could you write up how to do that in my "How to start modding" thread please? That way people who want to know can just go straight there, and saves me the trouble of remembering where it is.

Well, the exile is a war veteran, and in war, you can't always use a sword/lightsaber, sometimes you have to resort to other things, i think thats the explanation. If you want to change that, edit feat.2da with kotor tools, there will be a collum "jg_pc_gain" or something like that, its a collum exclusive for JS, JG and JC, change the values like this: 1 to gain it, -1 you dont... then save it and put inside your override folder.

Also, you can always use KSE to get or remove feats and almost everything.

No, I totally get the reasoning behind it: war veteran would be trained, or experienced, in diverse fighting techniques. Also suits playability, since all players have these abilities that they can choose to advance or not, instead of being stuck with one or another. I spent a lot of my early TSL experience using the Flurries, until I discovered that Power Attack was a very good lower-level attack I didn't develop.

I got the kotor tools, but I'm having difficulty locating the feat.2da, because it seems my Kotor2 path doesn't have much in the way of 2da files except in the Override directory. Where should these files be, or do they need to be created somehow? I'll look at Mandalore's "modding" thread as well. I've been contributing to dialog.tlk, but I want to go beyond that.

I got the kotor tools, but I'm having difficulty locating the feat.2da, because it seems my Kotor2 path doesn't have much in the way of 2da files except in the Override directory. Where should these files be, or do they need to be created somehow?

Expands BIFs, expand .2da.bif, extract feat.2da...

Happy modding.

Guest HaVoKeR
Could you write up how to do that in my "How to start modding" thread please? That way people who want to know can just go straight there, and saves me the trouble of remembering where it is.

I never saw this thread =p thats why i didnt asked there... where is it?

Guest HaVoKeR

What exactly do you want me to post there? it will take some long lines for me to explain everything i know about modding xD yet i am only a nb at it (.2da modder =p)

You don't need to write everything, just the basics of how to do it. If you can, it's not compulsory to do this.