Sign in to follow this  
134340Goat

Game not starting since Steam update

I'm sort of at a loss here. Every time I try to start Kotor II, it immediately crashes saying that Windows has run into a problem. It doesn't even get to any of the opening logos or the menu.

I've tried it with TSLRCM and nothing else, I've tried it vanilla, I've tried to reinstall it, I tried reinstalling Steam itself, but no matter what it will not work. I was told something about setting it to windowed by modifying the swkotor2 file, but that did absolutely nothing.

I know it isn't a computer issue because I've tried this on two different computers and the same thing happens. I have no idea what's causing this.

Is this happening for anybody else? Any idea how to fix this?

I had this problem too, the only thing that worked for me was reverting to before the update.. Here's how: Open steam and go to "View" tab>"Games List", right click "Kotor 2 > properties", select the "BETAS" tab and in the dropdown box select "legacypc -", wait a few minutes for the changes to apply and you're good to go.

• Like 2